1 | First Meeting

2005, 18 years ago
Sydney, Australia

On a random cold evening of August, Isabel is sat at her desk finishing a drawing of the flower on her windowsill as she hears a car park on the driveway of her neighbours house. She curiously peeks out her window as she heard that her old neighbours sold their house a few months prior. She noticed a boy that looked around her age observing his new house as his parents took his younger siblings out of their car. Suddenly Isabel and the boy make eye contact. She quickly looks away from the window and wondering if he will be her new neighbour.

A few days later, it was Isabel's first day of grade three. She was sat on her staircase putting on her shoes as she heard her mom call her over from the outside of her house. She walked outside through the front door and saw her mother talking with a woman she never saw before and the boy that she saw yesterday standing with them on her driveway. As she walked closer to her mother, she made eye contact with the unknown boy again making her quickly look away.

"Honey, I want to introduce you to our new neighbours" her mom said with a happy tone. She looked up and saw a woman smiling down at her and the boy from yesterday look at her in curiosity. "Hello! my name is Jessica and this is my son Chan, or Christopher. It's nice to meet you!" The woman known as Jessica said as her as Isabel introduced herself as Isabel or Eunji, whichever Jessica was most comfortable calling her with. 

After that encounter Isabel found out that the boy's name was Chris and his family just moved from Seoul, South Korea. She was later introduced to his two younger siblings; Hannah and Lucas and aswell as their dad, Jack. Their parents got along straight away as their families were both South-Korean and had a lot in common. Her parents wanted Isabel to befriend Chris. At first, she and Chris didn't talk much as they were both shy and he didn't speak much English and her Korean wasn't perfect, but as time went on, both of them got more comfortable around each other.

They attended the same primary school and made lots of mutual friends. He got better at speaking English and they were always doing everything together. Isabel's and Chan's bond was unbreakable. As she grew older, she couldn't help but notice his attractive features and personality. Soon she realised her feelings for him were not just those of a best friend, but also a lover. Although, she never planned on telling Chan her true feelings in fear that it would break their friendship.

☁️

(A/N: Is this good so far?😭😭
This is my first time writing a book so idk.
In this exact chapter Isabel and Chan are 8 years old. The time frame is written at the beginning of every chapter.
TYSM FOR READING💖💖😻
Make sure to vote !! )