3 | Lost Love

2011, 12 years ago
Sydney, Australia

The day had finally come. The day that she dreaded most, the day Chan would leave Australia. During the past year after she found out that he was moving to Korea to become a trainee, she and Chan spent lots of time together. She was really sad but never tried to show it as she wanted him to be happy in his last year in Australia.

They both had planned to hangout at the park about an hour before he had to leave to go to the airport. She walked outside her house where he was waiting for her on his phone. She told herself that she would try not to cry but as she walked closer to him her tears were already threatening to fall.

They walked around the park for most of the hour and talked about their favourite memories with each other. Both of them were laughing for most of the time but there were some times where they cried. The end of the hour came quickly and they started walking back to their houses since Chan had to go in a few minutes. This is where Isabel couldn't keep her tears in and started crying. Chan hugged her multiple times in hope to comfort her but it didn't help much.

As they reached his house his dad was already loading Chan's suitcase into the car. His dad was coming with him to Korea but would leave shortly after Chan was settled in at his new place in Seoul.

Isabel's parents and Chan's siblings came out of their houses to say goodbye to Chan before he would leave. Isabel was standing a few metres away from their families observing them saying goodbye to Chan and crying alone until Chan walked up to her and told her not to cry. Suddenly she thought of something to ask him. "Could you promise to not forget me, and to text me everyday?" She asked through her sniffles. He looked at her and said "I promise" with a smile to reassure her.

Shortly after that, he got into the car. Isabel waved at him as the car drove away with Chan, his dad and his mother driving them to them to the airport. Isabel's mom was minding his younger siblings until Chan's mother came back.

She quickly ran into her house and went up to her room where she laid down on her bed not being able to stop crying. She couldn't believe that Chan won't be here anymore and she started to wonder, who will walk with her to school with now?, who will spend all of their time with her?, And who will make her smile as much as he did?".

The next few weeks were horrible. She kept telling herself to be happy as Chan was doing this to make his dreams come true but she couldn't help the tears that she cried every day. She was always in a bad mood and wasn't getting enough sleep but Chan still kept his promise to not forget about her and to text her everyday.

Whenever she thought of Chan she started to feel empty as it felt like she lost her first love. Isabel thought a lot about if it was better or worse that she never told him how she felt, but most importantly if he liked her back.

☁️

(A/N: In this chapter Isabel and Chan are 13 as he moved to Korea at that age.)