5 | Destination

2016, 7 years ago
Sydney, Australia
Seoul, South Korea

Over the past few years, Chan visited Australia usually once or twice a year, and every single time he still made Isabel's heart skip beats. So far he kept his promise but called and texted less as he way very busy with his trainee life. She felt bad for him as he told her multiple times about his close friends having to leave the company and some debuting without him. She knew that he felt like nobody could relate or understand him but she always tried to cheer him up and motivate him to keep training whenever he felt like giving up on his dreams.

Throughout the years after he left, she always tried to lose her feelings for him by getting her first kiss and new boyfriends but as a result she realised that she loved him and nothing could make her forget him.

During this year of 2016, she graduated high school and started her first year of university in Sydney. She moved into her new dorm that she shared with a girl called Gabriella. Isabel and Gabriella soon became very close and became best friends. Isabel always tried to maintain good grades and was very friendly.

-

When the summer finally came, her family flew to Korea in order to visit her extended family. Isabel has always wanted to visit Chan in Seoul whenever she came here for the summer but her parents told her that she could when she turned eighteen to travel there alone.
Thankfully this summer she was eighteen so she took the train from her hometown Daegu to Seoul.

During the train ride she and Chan were texting each other excitedly the whole time. She hadn't seen him for a whole year so she was longing to see his face again. After the long train ride, the train finally reached the last stop. Chan said that he would be waiting for her outside the train station. She grabbed her backpack and stood up to exit the train. She speed walked throughout the station. When she exited the station, she stopped walking and looked around but she couldn't spot him.

Suddenly she felt a pair of hands hugging her from the back making her flinch in surprise. She turned around and saw him making her smile. "Chris!" She said and hugged him back. He grew so much. "Hey Isabel" he said through the hug. After a few seconds they both pulled out of the hug and he asked her "How was the train ride?". She answered by saying "It was really long but I was texting you the whole time which made it short". He chuckled and said "That's great. Wanna get some food?". Isabel then said "Yess let's get tteokbokki, I'm so hungry".

Isabel and Chan walked through the busy streets of Seoul side by side. It was already dark but the colourful lights of the city made it look beautiful. They talked about their daily lives while admiring the city and took some photos of it, and each other. Soon they found a tteokbokki place and decided to go in. They sat down across from each other and placed their order. She looked around the restaurant admiring the setting when suddenly Chan brought back her attention by saying "Would you like to meet Changbin and Jisung tomorrow?".  Seo Changbin and Han Jisung were the two trainees that Chan was very close with. You haven't met them yet but you spoke with them a few times before when you were on FaceTime with Chan. The three of them called themselves 3Racha and made music together in hope to release it soon.

"Sure" She answered as she had always wanted to meet them. "But aren't you busy tomorrow?" She added on asking him as he was usually busy on that day. "I'm always free for you. I'll make Changbin and Jisung free too" Oh my god he said that he's always free for me, she thought. "Oh okay" She tried to say in her normal tone to hide her flustered state. At that time she placed her attention at the their tteokbboki order as the waiter was placing it on their table and Chan chucked, she hoped it wasn't at her.

They both ate the food while talking to each other about everything. When they left the food place it was already past nine o'clock. Chan walked Isabel to her hotel where she would be staying at for the next few days. He stayed with her when she received her hotel card and said that he would walk her up to her room door.

"What time do you want to meet up tomorrow at?" Chan asked her as she pressed the elevator button to floor sixty-seven, the floor where her room was on. "I don't mind but I want to go clothes shopping tomorrow before we hang out" She said as she didn't want to burden Chan while she shopped aimlessly for hours. "I can go with you if you want". He said. She looked up at him surprised and said "Are you sure? It's gonna take a few hours." He nodded and said "Yes, you could also help me pick clothes that are some other colour than black". She chuckled at his remark as his whole wardrobe is black. "Ofcourse" she said and smiled at him as they both walked out of the elevator to go to her room. When they got to her door Chan said "I'll wait in the lobby at 2pm then." While opening the door Isabel said "Okay". And turned to face him saying "See you tomorrow". He smiled at her and said "See you Isabel". She waved at him and closed her door.

She looked around her hotel room and placed her bag on one of the chairs. She fell onto the bed blushing and smiling at the ceiling. Chan looked so much more handsomer and dreamier than last year. She knew that she wasn't going to fall asleep easily today as she was filled with excitement for tomorrow.

☁️