2 | The Start

2010, 13 years ago
Sydney, Australia

It was the end of January, Isabel and Chris were on their way to a nearby ice cream parlour to celebrate the end of their break as they would have to return back to school in the following few days. Isabel was laughing at Chris' continuous funny jokes. He loved to see her smile. As she reached the ice cream place, Chan opened the door for her making Isabel's heart skip a beat.

"What flavour will you get?" Chan asked Isabel while concentrating on the menu to decide what he himself will order. She looked away from him to look at the menu to see what flavours they have. "I think I'll order salted caramel, how about you?" She replied ready to order. He took a second to answer and said "cookie dough" excitedly. A few minutes later they both got their ice cream and had decided to sit outside the ice cream parlour on their benches to chat.

"I have to tell you something" He said while looking serious. "What is it?" She asked while eating her ice cream. "I heard that this popular K-Pop company, JYP Entertainment, is holding auditions here in Australia soon, and I'm thinking of auditioning" he explained to her.

She smiled at him and said "Then you should definitely audition! It has always been your dream to become an idol and you're really good at singing and dancing". He looked happy at the response that she gave him and nodded his head and said "Okay, thanks" with a happy expression. Her advice gave him more motivation to audition. She has always supported Chan's dreams of becoming an idol but she never gave a thought on how it would be here without him if he left for Korea until this moment.

-

Over a month later, Isabel was sat at her desk doing her homework in her bedroom when suddenly Chan barges in without knocking. It was visible that he ran here as he was out of breath but also had a huge smile on his face. She was surprised at his behaviour so she asked him what happened. He runs up to her and hugs her while excitedly saying  "I got accepted into JYP Entertainment to become a trainee!!".

She's shocked so she stands up from her desk and hugs him back excitedly saying "Oh my god!! I'm so happy for you!!". While pulling out of the hug she smiled at him and said "I knew you could do it!". He smiled back at her and thanked her. Suddenly a question popped into her mind making her curiously ask him; "When are you leaving for Korea?". Chan answers by saying, "I don't know.. I think sometime next year".

She nodded at him in response and then Chan scratches the back of his neck and guiltily says "We should go and tell your parents because they're probably confused why I just ran into your house without knocking" She chuckles at him and says "sure let's go" as she turns to her door to go downstairs.

After this moment she became aware of the limited time she still had left with Chan. Isabel knew that he was going to leave soon so she tried to hang out with him as much as she could, but that time with him flew by quickly.

☁️