4 | Suprise

2012, 11 years ago
Sydney, Australia

It had been over a year since Chan left home to become a trainee in Seoul. When he left, Isabel felt lonely without him since she and him were inseparable but so far he kept his promise to text or call her nearly everyday. He didn't forget about her.

Chan told her all about his trainee life. About how he made some new friends, how he practiced singing and dancing, his first showcase and his struggles like being criticised and some of his friends having to leave JYPE.

Soon enough, she started to go back to her normal self but she still felt empty inside without him. Her friends always tried to cheer her up whenever they saw that she felt down. That year she grew a huge interest in fashion and beauty. She found out that she was very skilled at doing makeup and that she really enjoyed styling hair. She wondered if it could ever be a possible career choice in the future.

-

On a cold day in the middle of October, Isabel was on her way back home from school listening to One Direction on her pink earphones while jamming to the lyrics in her head. She was happy because it was a Friday and it was finally the weekend.

As she entered her house she took off her earphones and started to take off your coat and shoes when her mom walked up to her in the hallway smiling widely. "Isabel, you should check who's in the kitchen" she said. Isabel was confused by what she meant and started about thinking who was in the kitchen. As she walked there she wondered if her parents had gotten her a new dog as she has always wanted one, especially a border collie.

When Isabel entered her kitchen she saw the back of a mysterious boys head. He was chatting to your dad. She wondered who he was, maybe he was her cousin she thought. When the boy turned around she realised who it was. It was Chan. She stood there shocked as Chan didn't tell her anything about visiting home any time soon. Then he smiled at her and said "Hey, it's been a while". He ran up to Isabel and hugged her and she hugged him back.

"You didn't tell me you were coming" she said surprised and smiling as they both pulled out of the hug. She had realised that he was a lot taller than last year and he changed his hair style. "I wanted to surprise you" he said while chuckling at her shocked expression.

Standing a few feet away were her parents grinning at her and Chan before they decided to go to the living room to leave them two alone. "It's been so long! How long are you staying for?" She asked him excitedly. "I'm staying for twelve days" he answered before asking "Do you want to go to the ice cream parlour? It will be on me". This made her smile as her and Chan always used to get ice cream there in their spare time.

"Sure" She answered back flustered as he offered to pay for her ice cream. She quickly walked ahead of him in her hallway to put on her shoes to try and to hide her blush. While walking together to the ice cream parlour, the awkwardness between Isabel and Chan quickly disappeared as they went back to talking casually as if he was here for the past year.

When Isabel and Chan sat at their usual spot, on the benches in front of the ice cream parlour, they chatted about everything. Whenever he looked into her eyes she felt butterflies in her stomach realising that her crush on him never disappeared.

At one point she noticed that he kept staring at her face so she asked him; "Chris, is there something on my face? You keep staring at me". When she asked him this he became flustered and said "um.. yeah, actually you have a bit of ice cream on your face". He pointed where she had ice cream and she wiped it off with a tissue. Little did she know that he lied and she had nothing there.

Over the next twelve days her and Chan hung out a lot. They went to the ice cream parlour nearly every day and their families even went camping together. Expectedly, the days flew by quickly and he had to go back to Korea. Once again she was heartbroken when he left but she took it better than the last time, although her empty feeling returned.

☁️