5

I found my carriage awaiting me outside and instantly got in. I slumped against the seat as the horses started galloping, pulling the enchanting carriage. I met him. I met Will, my soulmate, my Tesoro, my everything. It scares me how fast I started thinking of him like that, but I couldn't help it. But...I'll never see him again. He'll move on from me. Right? Can soulmates do that? Well, he's going to have to because I'm never getting out of my family and they're never going to let me date anyone. Poor Will, he doesn't deserve this. He deserves the best soulmate and partner in the world. I'm just a servant who can't even be a boy. I stopped my thoughts before they became worse. I went to fiddle with my necklace but I just found air. I tried again. Nothing. I looked and saw my neck bare. Where's my necklace?! I remember handing it to Will to look at. I never took it back...The gods must hate me. The one thing I have left from Mama, gone! I tried to calm down. I still had the dream visits. Unless I was hallucinating. But then why do I still have on my dress? I thought of Will to try and calm my nerves. If there was anyone I trusted with my necklace, it was him. 

I hope I'm not too late. I probably am. Mama said before Midnight. Or...maybe she was just saying that so I'd hurry. Let's hope so because who knows what Father and Persephone will do if they realize I went to this ball. And had the time of my life. And met Will. I grinned. I arrived at my house soon after, and luckily it was empty. Though, not one minute after I changed did the door open. Jasmine came inside and shouted for me, grumpily. 

"Yes, Jasmine?" I asked politely. 

"I'm going to take a bath, after I get in, take this dress and burn it." She stomped off. You might be wondering why she's so grumpy when it was just a little spill on her dress. Well, she's always been over dramatic and a little superstitious. She probably thinks this dress is cursed or something. I waited for her to get undressed and then went to her bathroom door to pick up the clothes. 

As I worked, I started daydreaming, as I often do. About golden hair, bright blue eyes, and and a sunshine-y personality. I sighed wistfully. I should stop. I'm never going to see him again so what's the point? Longing for something I could never have. Suddenly the door slams. My head snapped up to my family storming into the house, all fuming. Uh, oh.

"NICHOLAS!!!" Persephone screams. "THIS HOUSE BETTER BE CLEAN OR I'M KICKING YOU OUT!!" What happened at that party? Granted, the littlest things set them off but I don't know if I've ever seen them this angry before. 

"Um...Ma'am?" She glared at me. 

"What?!" 

"What happened at the party? Ranting might help." I asked hesitantly. She thought this through for a moment before she spoke. 

"Stupid King thought it was a good idea to cancel the ball just before one of the richest men in the kingdom asked Lily out. Apparently Prince William's "soulmate" ran away. Honestly if she ran away, she doesn't deserve him and he should go for one of my daughters. They're guaranteed to be a better match for him anyway." I forced myself not to react. 

"That's awful, Ma'am." I agreed, helping her take her coat off and hanging it up. 

"Now, go to your room. I don't need you bothering me." She said pushing me away. I went up to the attic and immediately look over my body for the final soulmate tattoo. I found it on my heart. It was a skeletal hand holding a miniature sun with the name 'Will' scribbled under it. I smiled. 

—:—:—

My father sent me into town to pick up some groceries this morning. The list was insanely long ranging from fruits and vegetables to treats I've never even heard of! Luckily, I was able to get all of it with the help of some friendly townspeople. It scares me how different life is outside of my house. Here, people actually treat me like a living creature.