8

Will's POV

"Are you okay?" I asked Nico. We were sitting in my room, him cuddled up into my side, picking at my fingers. 

"Yeah, why?" He looked up at me, confused. 

"I don't know, you've just seemed...a little uncomfortable these past few days." They smiled a little. 

"I'm fine, Tesoro. Just...I'm not used to this attention and don't think I like it. But we're leaving tomorrow, so it will be fine. It'll be just us, spending every day together." I kissed their forehead. 

"We're going to spend so much time together, you're going to get sick of me." I teased. 

"I could never get sick of you, my Tesoro." They said honestly. I kissed them deeply. 

"Sunshine." I said just to hear their voice. 

"Amore mio." 

"My majesty of darkness." 

"Mio principe." 

"Darling." 

"Ti amo." They said breathlessly. I tilted my head, curiously. 

"What does that mean?" They blushed. 

"N-nothing. 

"...okay...?" I asked suspiciously. They avoided my eyes, making me narrow mine. "Tell me." 

"N-no way." They said nervously. 

"C'mon, it's probably something really cute based on that adorable blush on your face." I poked their cheeks. They turned more red. 

"F-fine. I s-said I...I l-love you." I blushed this time and my smile softened. 

"I love you too, my Sunshine." I lifted their hand and kissed it. "Ti amo? Is that would you said?" They nodded embarrassedly but happily. I pulled them closer. "Ti amo." 

"Ti amo." They repeated, pecking my cheek. 

—:—:—

"You ready, my love?" I asked. They blushed but nodded. 

"Yeah, I got enough things for the next few weeks." I wrapped my arm around their waist, gently pulling them closer. "Did you write the note?" 

"Yes, it's right here." I unwrapped it so they could read it. 

Dear Father, 

I've been planning this for a while. A few years actually. I'm running away with Nico. We can't tell you where, but please don't try to find us. Neither of us could handle the responsibility and we needed to do this. Kayla would be a much better ruler than me and will actually enjoy the job. We both know this. Let me enjoy my life with my soulmate in peace please. Thank you for everything. 

Your son, Will. 

"Make sure you put that on his desk before you leave." They reminded me. 

"I know, I know. I'm not that dumb, Sunshine." They made a noncommittal noise making me gasp dramatically and poke their forehead. "Take that back." 

"Let's just go to his office before you forget." I obliged and hesitantly put the note on my fathers desk. "Are you nervous?" They asked softly. 

"...a little bit, I guess." I looked over at them and their big brown eyes were soft, wide, and imploring. "It's just...I've been planning this for literal years, Neeks. What if...what if this is a mistake?" They shook their head and pulled me into a hug. 

"If it is, we can always go back. Okay? I won't be mad." I nodded and breathed in their scent. The calming smell of pomegranate, metal, and dirt. I'm aware that's a weird smell to like, but it's just...so Nico that I love it.