12

Will's POV

Turns out, Annabeth is a really good architect. Nico has been trying to avoid her and I've been covering for them since she doesn't seem to recognize them. This caused us mainly to stay in the tent and play Mythomagic or planting and tending to some of our strawberries. I don't mind, I get to spend more time with the love of my life. Nico and I were in the tent, content to just lay there in each others company when Annabeth called for us. We got up and went over to her and her team/siblings, Nico not looking her in the eye. The cottage looked amazing. Something out of a fairy tale. Just like we imagined. "It's finished?" I asked surprised. It's only been a week and 3 days. 

"Yes, we just finished. How do you like it?" 

"It's perfect! What do you think, Neeks?" They nodded. 

"I love it." 

"Good. I guess I'll be going then. Don't worry, Hazel made me swear I won't tell anyone where you are. She didn't say why, but I'll respect your privacy. I'll just pack up and be gone." 

"You want to go in, Neeks?" I asked. They nodded excitedly. 

"Of course!" We walked over to the door. 

"3, 2, 1..." I opened it. Our breaths caught. It was absolutely perfect. Nice and homey, but large and beautiful. To the left of the door was the kitchen and dining room, to the right was the living room and bathroom, and at the end of the hall was our guest bedroom. Up the stairs was our bedroom, which had a small art studio for Nico and another bathroom. 

"This is our home, Will! And it's just like I imagined." I smiled and hugged them tightly. 

"Me too. I love you." 

"I love you too." They kissed my chin, which was the only thing they could reach with them being crushed into my chest. 

—:—:—

Annabeth and her team left an hour later and we were cuddling on our new couch. "I'm so happy right now, Will." They said. 

"Me too. I've been wanting to do this forever and it's even better than I imagined. Being free." They didn't talk for a while. 

"Sometimes I worry that when I wake up, you'll be gone. That I imagined everything. Or that you absolutely hate me. That's why I can't stand being without you. I'm worried you'll change your mind about me." I thought back to the times where they would get this worried look in their eye whenever I left them alone. I would never rethink that. They should know that. 

"Neeks, I love that about you. I love that you're clingy, it reminds me how much you like me. Also, you haven't gotten close to the amount of affection as you should have as a child. I'll try to help the best I can. Never apologize for that." I told them. 

"...why do you like me?" I stared at them. 

"You're serious?" They nodded nervously. "Because you're Nico. You're smart, kind, beautiful, loving, caring, and so much more. You're the most amazing person I've ever met. I can't describe it fully, I just do." 

"But...I ask questions like this, I'm annoying, I-" I kissed them to shut them up. 

"You are not annoying. And I don't mind you being insecure as long as you tell me, okay? I'll try to help. There's nothing about you I don't like." They sighed and looked into my eyes like they were trying to see if I was being honest. 

"...okay..." They finally said. "I believe you. I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"No reason to be sorry, darling. You've got to promise you'll say whenever something is bothering you, okay? Can you do that?" They nodded and curled closer to me.