5)The Date

JPOV
"John, it isn't a double date if 1 couple isn't even a couple!"

"Oh just shut up sherlock and just go and get dressed! You will like her, she is just like you, so you have to like her, you don't have a choice... I'm only doing this because Mary is her closest friend and she insisted." I said

"Mary? Who the hell is that? I thought you were seeing Sarah..." Sherlock cried out with a puzzled expression.

I sighed "Mary is my date Sherlock, i have been seeing her for a month now" I say, rolling my eyes.

"Right... well do I have to go? I just don't see the point in wasting my time when nothing is gonna happen between us. I don't have romantic partners any more john!" Sherlock shouted from his room, his voice raising slightly at the end.

"What do you mean 'any more'? Oh... you used to have a Girlfriend didn't you?"

"I didn't mean to say that... I would appreciate it if you dropped the subject now John because oh look at the time, we must be going! Come along John" he said, grabbing his coat and practicality sprinting out of the door, down the stairs and outside. By the time John got downstairs Sherlock was already sitting in the taxi waiting for John.

Time-Skip brought to you by Sherlock's purple shirt

...The restaurant...

3rdPerson

Sherlock and John were met inside the restaurant by Mary and her mysterious friend, yet to be named. John went in first, Sherlock trailing miserably behind him texting away on his phone.

She had long dark curls, reaching down to just above her hips, her skin was ivory coloured, she had john's piercing blue eyes. She stood at 5 ft 5 only 8 inches shorter than Sherlock.

"I'm Rose." She stated, with a bored, uninterested, tone lacing the  in her voice. "...and you are?" She asked, bored.

His head rose as soon as she spoke, "Sherlock" he answered

This whole exchange had gone on without either of them even glancing up from their phones. Well, up until that point...

At the mention of his name Rose's head snapped up. She gasped. A look of surprise flickered across Sherlock's face. That is before it was masked by a look of no emotion. 

He then turned to John "well this was lovely but i really must be going! I wont see you until tomorrow John." Sherlock said, a false smile on his face

"Bu-" john was cut off by rose.

"Yeah, Sherlock is right, i'm gonna go too..." She said running out of the restaurant, Sherlock rushing behind her. 

"But we haven't even sat down yet!" Mary called after them.

"Um lets follow them..." John suggested

By this time they were unsurprisingly getting some odd looks from people, as john and Mary dashed out of the restaurant. Leaving the poor waiter, waiting to sit them down, with a shocked expression on his face.