Chapter 4: 'Where do you think you're going?'

Warnings: a somewhat little emotional rollercoaster

Chris left after breakfast because he had to work. I realized I should probably get something done too.

I have to send Flo the details about the lunch, so I'll start with that. I get my phone and look trough my messages.

I quickly walk and feed Ruby after I've texted Flo. I also let the man of the building, Terry, know about the broken door and he said he would fix it later today.

Flo 🫶🏻

Meet me at Dock Asian Eatery for lunch at 11am, okay? x

Yes, see you there x

I walk into my wardrobe to pick my outfit for the day. It's 70 degrees outside today so I have to pick an outfit that's not too hot nor too cold.

Finally I decide on flair pants with a belly top and a little black bag

Finally I decide on flair pants with a belly top and a little black bag. There's sun so I put a cap on.

I put light makeup on and brush my hair and teeth.

I get a coffee on my way to the lunch spot I'm meeting Flo at since it's already 10.25am.

At 10.57am I arrive at Dock Asian Eatery. I go inside and pick a table next to the window. The minute I sat down Flo walks up.

"Hi baby." She speaks before tightly hugging me.

"Hi hun." I say as I hug her back. "I haven't seen you in such a long time, how are you?"

"I'm fine, the movie business is going crazy lately so I feel like everyone is under pressure and busy." She explains as she sits down.

"I know that feeling. I'm glad you could make it though." I reply.

"I can't believe I'm having lunch with an A-list celebrity, I feel so flattered." She jokes.

"No need to be, I'm barely an A-lister." I comment.

"Not true, you're a perfect A-lister." She assures me.

"Thank you." I smile at her. "I heard they have great food here, shall we order?" I nod and at the perfect timing a waiter comes up to us to take our orders.

Flo takes the Pad Thai and I have the Thai Fried Rice. We both have some limonade to go with that.

"Enlighten me, how were things with Chris? I mean you were so excited to have a meeting with him and all." She asks me, fully focused on what I'm saying next.

"It was great, he's so sweet. We got to know each other somewhat better and later on we ran into each other when someone was assaulting me.." I talk on but it looks like she isn't listening anymore.