Chapter 18: 'Could I get your number?'

I pick up the phone. "Hello?" I ask.

"Hey sis. Long story short: I swung by mom and dads like I told you. Here's what happened: so I said something like 'hey, maybe you, me and y/n should have dinner together sometime? As a family'. It went silent. Like, deadly silent. Then they confessed to it and I was like 'what!?' and they were like 'yeah', not really bothered." She explains.

Ofcourse it's Stella calling me, I forgot she still would. She sounds upset and excited all at once.

"Glad to hear my parents give a shit." I say on a sarcastic tone."Hey, I'm sure you'll make up. You know what I came up with though!?" She sounds clearly excited.

"Dinner with me, you, Chris and Aiden." She suggests. Aiden, her boyfriend, who she's moving in with. "Sounds like a plan." I agree. "Great. I'll see you tomorrow then." She says, wrapping the call up.

"Wait, where is Aiden staying when you're not moved in yet?" I ask. "He's moving back with his parents until our house is ready. It's gonna be weird not seeing him everyday though." She admits.

"He can come over anytime. He seemed nice on call last time."  I admit. "I hope you like him. He hasn't met mom and dad either yet." She sounds somewhat hesitant.

"That can happen at its own pace. I'll see you tomorrow though. I've sent you my location already." I reply. "Okay. Thank you. Bye." She then hangs up the phone.

Chris bats his eyelashes at me and I look right into his baby blue eyes. "Anyone important?"

"My sister. Stella. She'll be here tomorrow." I inform him. "Mmh okay. Cool." I squint my eyes at him. "Is it not?" I ask.

"No, totally. I was just thinking about it since I've been here a lot and you might want some alone time with her. Just thinking about the changes." He says.

"Has this been bothering you? Chris, nothing has to change. She's my sister, she'll adjust. Yes, maybe a day for us alone would be good but outside of that I'll come over and you can meet her too." I assure.

"I guess I'm just overthinking this too much. Sorry for overreacting." He sighs. I immediately swoop his hands off the table and hold them in mine. "You're not overreacting. Why didn't you just say something before?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how to. And I didn't know when she was coming and all that. I'll communicate better next time." He assures.

"Okay. But we can still talk about it now. I'll introduce you to her the second she sets foot in this apartment. Then we might have a girls day alone to catch up and after I'm sure we can all be together." I say.

"Alright then. I have to tell you though: today I need to go make a public appearance or my agent will literally shoot me." He jokes. "I'll protect you."

"No but for real, I have to step up and make an appearance on the red carpet for a premiere of 'Pain Hustlers'. Go with me?" He asks. "Ofcourse. I'm going to call Rajah immediately to see if I can get a nice dress."

I make the call and both of us are looking at it. "I'd like to match with you." Chris suggests. "Sure. I'll let you see my dress once I've got it." I assure.

"Also, may I speak about how sexy you were in that movie!? I couldn't keep my eyes off of you.." I flirt. He comes up to me and tugs on my vest, pulling me into a passionate kiss.