Chapter 7: 'You look like you haven't slept in days'

Warnings: cursing, uncomfortable situation

I've been overthinking all night, looking at the ceiling above my bed.

Why did I say that?

Why hasn't Chris texted me?

Are Chris and I not friends anymore?

He tried to kiss me! He likes me right?

I put my pillow around my head as if it will silence that annoying voice telling me I did everything wrong.

I look at the clock, 5am. I have slept for less than an hour but get up anyways.

Ruby starts whining as soon as she sees me.

I open her bench and she follows me around the apartment looking up every so often to see if I'm already preparing her morning meal.

When I get to the kitchen I prepare her meal and put it on the ground. Next I make myself breakfast.

I probably look like shit but I feel like shit also so it must be justified.

I turn on the tv but turn it off the second I see a picture of Chris and I pop up on the screen. I sigh, why is all they can talk about Chris and I?

After a few hours of just laying on the couch, falling asleep for 2 minutes every so often, the door bell rings.

I pick up the phone to hear who it is from Andrew. "It's Florence." He informs.

"Let her in please, thank you." I reply. I open the door and walk back to the couch.

I quickly close the chips bag I was eating out of since I don't want her to see I'm so desperate I eat chips in the morning.

Flo lets herself in and walks in to see me lying on the couch, staring into nowhere like I'm about to die.

"Oh hun, it's really that bad?" I nod, one single tear rolling down my cheek.

"It's just that I feel like I messed up y'know? I shouldn't have said it, definitely not the way I said it.. Chris last texted me two nights ago. Two nights. I messed up." I rant.

"I'm sure Chris has valid reasons of why he hasn't texted. You didn't mess up. I love the show but Jimmy really did you dirty this time." Flo replies.

"What are you even doing here?" I ask.

"First of all, trying to still find out why you called me the other night. Second, I thought you would like some soup." She holds up a bowl of soup so I can see it.

"Oh yes, thank you. I feel like shit." I then say, laughing. She then also starts laughing. 

"You look like you haven't slept in days." Flo adds.

"Very funny. I haven't slept since I'm now officially afraid I can never show my face anywhere again." I admit.

"That's going to be totally fine, everyone should shut up. Besides, seeing how close you and Chris were on the pictures it was kind of obvious you would say Chris. Just don't read the articles, it will save you a lot of bullshit." I smile at her, grateful I get to call her my best friend.

Fell In Love With A Star | Chris EvansOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara