Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Unrequited Love

Angel sat in class, her gaze fixed on Ken, the boy she had loved since elementary school. Ken was popular in school, and all the girls seemed to be after him.

As Angel watched Ken laugh and smile with his girlfriend, Miya, she couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. Miya was beautiful and kind, and Angel could see how much Ken cared for her. Despite her own feelings for Ken, Angel supported their relationship, genuinely wanting Ken to be happy.

As time passed, Angel's feelings for Ken only grew stronger. However, her best friend Mario noticed her turmoil and stepped in. He encouraged her to move on and find someone else to focus her attention on.

"Angel," Mario said gently. "Ken is happy with Miya, and you deserve to be happy too. You never know, maybe the right person is just around the corner. You need to let go and move on."

Angel was initially hesitant, but she couldn't deny the truth in Mario's words. She knew that Ken was happy with Miya and that she needed to redirect her focus towards her own happiness.

Mario noticed the pain in Angel's eyes as she struggled to let go of her feelings.

"Angel," he said softly. "I understand that your feelings for Ken are strong, but you can't let it hold you back. You have to get your mind off him and start focusing on yourself."

Angel appreciated Mario's support, but her heart still ached. She knew deep down that Mario was right, but it was difficult to forget her feelings for Ken.

"I also want to move on, Mario," Angel said, her voice filled with sadness. "But it's just so hard to forget about Ken."

"Angel, there's something else I want to tell you," Mario said unexpectedly. "This might come as a surprise, but I've been enjoying spending more time with you lately."

Confused, Angel looked at Mario, unsure of what he was getting at. "What do you mean, Mario?" she asked, trying to make sense of his words.

"Well, I don't want to make things awkward," Mario continued. "But I've been thinking about you in a different way."

Frustrated and thinking Mario was just joking, Angel scowled at him and walked away.

Mario watched her leave, his expression filled with sincerity. He wasn't joking; he had genuinely been thinking about Angel.