Chapter 2

Chapter 2: A Broken Heart

Ken and Miya had been in a relationship for three years, and Angel had spent those years silently nursing her unrequited love. Try as she might, Angel found it impossible to move on.

She continued to watch Ken and Miya, envious of the happiness they shared with each other. Ken would write stories for Miya, indicating how much she meant to him. Miya was Ken's source of inspiration, and Angel admired the seemingly perfect relationship they had.

Little did Angel know, this illusion of perfection would soon shatter.

Miya turned out to be a cheater, carrying on an affair for four months. When Ken discovered the truth, his heart shattered into a million pieces.

He confronted Miya, his voice filled with anger and hurt. "Miya, why would you do this to me? I thought it was only us, no one else!"

"I don't love you anymore, Ken. My feelings for you have vanished. I even tried to break up with you, but you wouldn't let me!" Miya explained, her words cutting deep into Ken's soul.

"I didn't want to break up because I love you, Miya!" Ken yelled, his voice filled with sorrow and disbelief.

Ken couldn't believe that his first love, Miya, had betrayed him. Broken and devastated, he drowned his sorrows in alcohol, desperately attempting to forget her.

But no matter how many bottles he emptied, Miya remained ingrained in his mind and heart.

Months went by, and Ken found solace in the numbness that alcohol provided. Little did he know, Angel had been aware of his pain and felt a sense of sadness for him.

Unable to bear seeing him suffer any longer, Angel decided to comfort him.

She waited for Ken outside of school, determined to reach out to him.

When Ken saw Angel waiting, he approached her, his expression guarded. "Angel, are you okay?" he asked, his voice strained.

"Yes, I'm fine, Ken," Angel replied gently. "But are you okay?"

Ken looked at her, confusion evident in his eyes.

"What's the difference between being 'fine' and being 'okay'?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, there's a saying that goes, 'You can be not okay, but still be fine,'" Angel answered, smiling softly at him.

"Is that so?" Ken mumbled and took a swig of his drink.

"You know, Ken, alcohol won't bring any good to your broken heart," Angel remarked, concern evident in her voice.

"What do you care?" Ken snapped back. "I drink wherever I want, even at school."

"You can see that I care, can't you Ken? And you know it's against the rules," Angel replied, her voice filled with compassion.

"Don't you see, Ken? Alcohol won't solve anything, especially not the pain in your heart!"

"What does it matter to you?" Ken questioned, throwing back another drink.

"You can tell me about your feelings, Ken. I promise I won't judge"