Chapter 5

Chapter 5: A New Beginning

After what happened with Ken, Angel found herself alone once again. It had been two years since their breakup, but the pain of that day still haunted her, and she often found herself in tears.

I, Mario, her confidante and friend, couldn't bear to see Angel like this. I wanted to comfort her, to ease her pain.

"Angel, my heart can't take seeing you cry," I said softly, reaching out to wipe her tears away.

"Mario, I don't know what I did wrong for all of this to happen to me," she uttered, her voice filled with sadness.

"You loved someone who couldn't love you back, Angel. I told you before to move on, but you wouldn't listen," I said, continuing to wipe away her tears.

"I tried to move on, okay? But every time I tried to avoid him, I ended up loving him even more, Mario!"

"I told you that maybe the person meant for you has always been right by your side."

"But if he's been right here, why hasn't he shown himself?"

"Are you blind, Angel? The person I'm referring to is the one you're talking to right now," I said, looking into her eyes.

She stared at me, clearly taken aback by my words.

"I love you, Angel. I loved you even before you met Ken. I wanted to tell you this, but I knew you had feelings for him."

I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tightly.

"Please, Angel, give me a chance to prove my love for you. I've waited for so many years. When you got together with Ken, I thought my wait was in vain. I pretended to be happy for you, but deep down, it hurt. When you and Ken broke up two years ago, I didn't know how to feel. Part of me was relieved that I finally had a chance to court you, while another part of me was sad to see your heart broken by your first love."

"Do you really love me, Mario?"

"Yes, Angel. If you want me to find a black rose as a symbol of my love for you, I will search the world for it. Just tell me."

With those words, Angel finally let me court her. We embarked on a new chapter of our lives, filled with hope and the possibility of a love that had been silently waiting to blossom for years.