19 • anarchy

◦ ◦ ◦

"Taehee, it itches."

I glance up to see Sejun pouting, scratching at the yellow bandana I'd tied around his head only moments ago. My fingers are now knotted in Iseul's unruly hair, securing a blue handkerchief as he fiddles with his Ipad.

"If you scratch, you're going to ruin your hair."

Sejun instantly stiffens, raising his hands in surrender and looking like he'd do anything to save his precious locks that are now pinned up in two braided ponytails.

"Please, no, not my hair."

"Then you'd better stop scratching."

Iseul pays the interaction no mind as I knot his bandana. He skips from the live feed he streams from a hidden camera in the gaming room to the dark and desolate theatre.

Jeongguk had been hesitant at my request for him to go to his room and study, but I'd all but begged him to do so. He'd fought back, reminding me of our contract, but I'd promised I'd had it all figured out.

However, I hadn't expected him to pull a full on disappearing act.

Now, myself and the boys were trying to find him with the least amount of effort required.

Curtesy of Iseul's ingenious if somewhat creepy tech skills.

The eldest of the three sighs in defeat, slapping his device onto his knees. "Agent Loser is still unaccounted for."

I snort. "Keep searching. He's in here somewhere."

"Roger that, Captain Dumb-butt."

My grin sours into frown. "Manners."

"Like you have any," the boy quips, only to wince as I pull his bandana a touch tighter. "Um, ow? That hurt?"

"Oops," I simper. "My sincerest apologies. So very sorry from my part."

Iseul sticks his tongue out at me just as Chul steps forward, his green bandana flopping forward into his face. He flicks the fabric away before waving his small hands to catch everyone's attention. He's really only concerned with my own, having stopped once he realized Iseul was still nose deep in technology and his twin was currently doing a fashion show.

Taetae, he signs, looking rather guilty. I know you said we could only have one of the cookies we baked, but I ate two. Are you mad at me?

At his tear-streaked face I sigh, offering him a soft smile. "Of course I'm not mad."

Good, he sighs in relief, because I actually ate seven.

"Seven?" Sejun balks, his expression looking downright offended through the mirror. "Chul got seven and I only got three?"

"You got three?" Iseul barks, pointing an accusing finger at Sejun before swinging it to his counterpart. "I only got four and I'm the oldest so obviously the most important. Why did I only get four?"

My eyes bulge. "You all got more than one?"

The bathroom erupts in chaos, all three boys arguing about who got more cookies and who deserved the most in the first place. I try to rein in their energy while simultaneously dolling them up in the getup they'd all been more than happy to partake in. My thumbs smear across Chul's cheeks, trying my best to mimic war streaks and ultimately failing as the boy twitches out of my grip to deliver a slap to his twin, causing Sejun to dramatically fall to the floor and start screaming.