13 • dance

warning: substance use and slight mature content ahead

◦ ◦ ◦

I need to pee. Bad.

Like piss-your-pants-in-front-of-the-entire-student-body bad.

And this isn't the first time I've needed to go to the bathroom tonight, either. Before Nayeon and I even left my house I peed twice, all due to the fact that we tucked into our stash of alcohol ahead of even arriving at Baekhyun's. In doing so, we showed up tipsy — buzzed enough to acquire enough liquid courage to wash away our nerves but sober enough not to make fools of ourselves yet.

The keyword being yet.

That feeling went to shit as soon as we took shots, and not even thirty minutes later, Nayeon and I were outside, squatting behind some trees in the backyard.

We then proceeded to breeze back to the heart of the party and toss back more shots.

For a while, Nayeon and I stuck together like glue. While she tried (and drastically failed) to keep my mouth shut, I ensured that her tube top stayed securely in place. However, despite our best efforts, there were several close calls — most notably when I outright told Bang Chan that I'd had a crush on him last year and when Nayeon's right tit almost slipped free while playing pong with Lee Taeyong.

But as the night turned dark and Nayeon snuck away with a red-headed boy, I was left alone to my own wits and to dance with our new group of best friends (whose names I can't remember for the life of me).

And now I really have to pee. Again. For the tenth time.

Despite this rather concerning fact, I tip the bottle of wine to my lips, savouring the notes of sweetness and tang reminiscent of the cheapest bottles of alcohol Nayeon and I could find when we raided my mom's liquor cabinet.

The room is swooping and tilting at odd angles, almost as if the floor is perched precariously on a pebble. The sway of sweat-slicked bodies is demanding, pulling me this way and that to the beat of the offensively loud techno music. Showers of rainbow light streak through the nameless faces of the crowd, illuminating the otherwise dim room with strobes of dizzying colour.

And I love every second of it.

With more alcohol than blood in my system, it isn't a matter of want but need to sway my hips to the pounding base, satisfying the untamed urge in me to dance, dance, dance. Swallowed deep within the mouth of the monstrous crowd, I do just that, closing my eyes and moving alongside the enthusiastic group of strangers — who I've just agreed to a month-long road trip with — as everything turns slower, warmer, hotter, better.

When I open them again, I spot a lonesome boy braced against the far wall, smiling idly into his red solo cup as he watches me.

With his dark hair styled back from his forehead and the unadulterated sex that oozes from his appearance, Jeongguk looks hot, so devilishly handsome that I wonder if I've just been blind my entire life. But I know that can't be it: because this is Drunk Taehee, and Drunk Taehee is a horny bastard, and all Drunk Taehee wants to do right now is see if those lips taste as good as they look.

From what I've heard, they taste even better.

Grinning like a damn fool, the warmth in my stomach drives me to raise my bottle over the crowd in mock cheers, slopping bubbles down my new shirt in the process. Jeongguk humours me with the reciprocation of his cup and the slight uptick of his lips and god how I want them to ruin me.