02. - Love among brothers and sisters

TW! Mentions of violence and domestic abuse.

Camp

Year 2010

✧・゚: ✧・

Nova looked into the sky. The blue turns and gradually it becomes cooler. The orange popped into the pink and discolored with the clouds. The sun was pushed out and the Dixon knew that by now their brothers would know of their disappearance and that means that Daryl and Merle will follow their tracks and find this Camp. This puts everyone in danger.
Sighing, she saw the group sitting by the fire discussin. The woman who treated her earlier turned her head to her and gave Dixon an encouraging smile. However, she was not interested in returning that smile.
She didn’t understand what was so hard about checking her story and it’s good. It was bullshit to discuss, but if they wanted to die, that wasn’t a problem for Nova.  Some would survive like the policeman but others like Lori or Carol would just die. Nova was sure of that.

Nova felt the handcuffs cut into her skin. It wasn’t the first time she was handcuffed. She’s a Dixon, of course she had a lot to do with the police. One of the reasons why she didn’t get her daughter back was exactly this one. It annoyed her and somehow she regretted coming here.

Daryl would be the first to notice her disappearing and immediately search for her. Merle’s gonna ridicule everything and only then follow Daryl. Her brothers are both assholes that denied Nova in any way, but both of them had done everything for her over the years. They protected her from her common father and did everything for her. Of course, she had not been spared either, but she had not received as many blows as merle or Daryl. 
The question if her father is already dead or still alive haunted her mind, but deep down she already knew that her father was dead and she hoped it was painful. Very painful even.

„Hey", she suddenly heard a voice approaching. Nova raised her head and looked up at the policeman. He didn’t seem pleased with the decision of the camp, though when she thought about it he looked like that all the time. As if he were a permanent annoyed machine.

,,Did cops suddenly become friendly?" Shane muttered something in front of her and then squatted down to look her in the eye. His face told her he didn’t have very good news.
„The camp is divided." he confessed to her. „You don’t look very friendly." he said. „Well, neither are you, and yet you are here." She leaned forward and then back to the tree. This camp had no choice but to investigate what she said.

„When I’m not back, my brothers are looking for me and everyone in this camp is in danger. Let’s go there together and they’ll see that you’ve fed me, everything will be fine." Shane looked at her and tried to see if she was serious or not, but he saw pure seriousness in her eyes.

,,We could do that." said shane. For a second, Nova thought she had convinced him, but the way he looked at her and then looked at the others who were all staring at him was clear she didn’t ,,But an opinion is still missing." Nova raised an eyebrow. There had to be many who live here and that means that it will attract many dead when the food in the city is scarce.
,,which?" she wanted to know and wondered if this would bring anything at all, what it looked like, the opinion was already more than clear.  ,,It’s my wife’s one." Wife? Nova wondered and looked at this Lori. If she’s not his wife, who is?