03. - recording

TW! Mentions of violence and abuse.

Camp

Camp

Year 2010

✧・゚: ✧・

For an hour the policeman had been looking for Nova Dixon near the camp, unaware that she had been freed by her Big Brother. The brown-haired young woman was constantly turning from side to side, disturbing the restful sleep of her two children, Cassy and Aspen.
She stood up with a sigh from her sleeping bag and reached for her knife next to her pillow. The woman looked at her sleeping children and quietly opened the zipper of her tent and got out. She pulled the zipper up again and looked around the camp.

Dale looked nervously and didn’t look calm. On closer inspection, she also knew why. The tree the Dixon sat on is empty. She was no longer sitting there and at the latest now it clicked on her. The woman is gone.
Ginny swallowed and stroked her curly hair.

It doesn’t mean anything good and she broke the recording herself. Some were in favor, others against, but Kaia’s voice would have decided everything, and as Ginny knew Shane’s wife, she would have voted to record Nova and her brothers. She was the only one who could convince the camp. Many listen to her because she’s Shane’s wife and Shane is somehow the leader here.

,,Dale!" She whispered to the older man, who was now looking down at her. A touch of worry settled on his face. 
,,You shouldn't be out here." Ginny smiled and pulled out the knife she always carries with her. ,,I can defend myself." Said Ginny.  ,,Where is Shane?" Dale’s face escaped a deep sigh. He pointed in one direction and the young woman nodded. She made her way in this direction and disappeared between two trees, which were close together.

The policeman looked with his rifle and noticed the uninvited guest next to him. He looked around with his mouth open and his eye sharp.
Ginny knew what she had to do. ,,You shouldn’t be out here without a gun." Shane began the conversation as he continued to look around. ,,Shane, we should keep looking when it’s bright out here again. At night we see nothing and her hands are tied up, she will not get far." Shane took down the gun and turned to Ginny.

,,She had some help. The rope was cut with a knife, possibly by her brothers." Ginny swallowed and then nodded. He's right. ,,Then let me back you up. It’s really too dangerous on its own." Shane knew he wouldn’t get rid of that woman so quickly.  Ginny was the dearest person he knew, but she could kill, she had already proven that. With the knife she was far better than with the gun and maybe he could use it to his advantage.

,,All right, but stay close." Ginny nodded and lifted her knife.  She wanted to find Nova, she had to,  Nova knows where the camp is and her brothers know it  too. So they were a danger to them all.
Ginny knew that this would not end well, they should have just recorded she, then the problem would not be as it is now.