09.- Rick Grimes

Camp

Camp

Year 2010

✧・゚: ✧・

Ginny kept watch on dale’s RV to protect the camp. In her hand was the gun Dale had given her. She was good with knives or a machete, but with something like a rifle or a pistol she wasn’t quite talented.
She kept an eye on the surroundings while the hot summer sun shone directly on her skin. It was warm, which could not be hidden by the beads of sweat.

At the RV Zade, Jim and Dale tried to repair the radiator hose, which turned out to be extremely difficult. Cassy and Aspen were both with Lori and nobody knew where Nova went after her emotional outburst, but Ginny believed that Zade had sent her into her brothers' tent.

,,The hose isn’t long for this world, is it?" She heard Dale’s voice down at the RV. ,,No, Sir." You could hear the voice of Jim. Ginny had talked to him and knew his story. It was tragic, and Ginny almost did the same. ,,I don’t think we’ll get very far without a new radiator hose." Ginny heard the voice of Zade. A thunder in the sky made Ginny look up. It came from the direction of Atlanta, which means the thunderstorm will be here soon. The brunette began to wonder what the Dixon is doing in the woods in such a situation and whether the people in Atlanta have found shelter.
She just hoped it would be all right.

,,Where the hell do we find a replacement?" Dale asked them all. ,,Maybe in a junkyard." Ginny intervened in conversation. She could not see the men, but it was quite possible to find one there.  ,,It is already late." Ran Amy from side to side. Again and again she ran back and forth. ,,They should have been back by now." Ginny could understand the girl’s concern. Her sister was in Atlanta and surviving a night there was almost impossible. With Merle by her side, it was even less likely.

,,Worry doesn’t make it better."  Dale spoke to the young blond-haired girl. ,,Your sister is there. Not knowing if a person is still alive is another kind of fear." Zade explained. Ginny had to smile. Nova really picked a very good man and Indira had to be incredibly proud to have him as a father.  She looked around the camp. Shane and Carl played something and Aspen was lying on the floor drawing while Cassy was sitting next to him and Lori was hanging up the laundry. The camp was peaceful, but it would not last forever if they stayed longer in the same place.

,,Hello, Camp? Can anyone hear me out there?" It suddenly sounded from the radio.  Ginny turned around and interrupted her guard.  She recognized this voice and immediately put the gun on the roof and knelt down to the radio from which the voice could be heard. ,,T-Dog here. Can anyone hear me?" Next to Ginny, Dale appeared, who quickly climbed onto the camper and took the radio.

,,Hello? Hello? Reception is poor. Repeat! Repeat!" Dale asked the young man on the other side. ,,Shane, is that you?" No, no, it’s Dale Added Ginny in her mind to the conversation.
,,Is that they are?" Ginny immediately got up and nodded to Lori in response. ,,We’re in deep shit. We’re trapped in the department store. And Kaia is injured." When T-Dog said the woman’s name, Shane immediately became alert. ,,He says they’re trapped?" Again, Ginny nodded in response to his question. ,,Walkers everywhere, hundreds of them." Ginny swallowed and stroked her face. She knows exactly as soon as Nova gets in on it, the next big fight will break out.