07. - the voice

Camp

Camp

Year 2010

✧・゚: ✧・

Ginny sighed as she watched Nova walk away. It was not good and had nothing too good to mean. Genevieve had watched Nova, a lot in the last few days. That her daughter was afraid of her hurt her and Ginny could not blame her. She was really a difficult person, Ginny had to admit that.

,,Mom?" Genevieve looked down at her daughter, who had pulled her hand. ,,Yes?", Cassy swallowed and then let go of her mother’s hand. ,,I think Nova is a really nice person. It is only misunderstood." Ginny nodded and put her arm around Cassy. Just as Amy came out of the forest with a smile on her face, firewood in her arms suddenly roared the radio not far from Ginny.

She wanted to go to her job and use the radio when the loud sound of wood falling on the floor was heard and Amy ran right towards it. She threw herself on her knees and reached for the radio as if she had been waiting for someone to report there. Aspen was startled by this loud noise and grabbed his older sister’s hand while Amy held the radio close to her mouth.

,,Broadcasting on emergency Channel.
Approaching Atlanta on Highway 85. " Ginny sighed  Many people tried to get to Atlanta via the 85th. Some made it, some did not listen to the warning and Ginny believed they had all been eaten. The city was crawling with the dead.

,,Anybody reads, please respond. " Ginny went to Amy and knelt down next to the pretty blonde.  It was a male voice heard from the radio. ,,Can anybody hear my voice?" He asked and Ginny nodded to Amy.  She should talk and warn him.

,,Hey, Hello?", Amy started the conversation with the stranger. ,,Can you hear my voice? " Ginny nodded again knowing the guy couldn’t see this. Dale who had his reading glasses on his nose came running to them and stopped with the two women. ,,Yes, I can hear you. You're coming through. Over. " The brown-haired woman had to smile slightly. She thought Amy was too nice to strangers, but that gave her a character of her own.

,,If anybody reads,please respond.
Broadcasting on emergency Channel. Will be approaching Atlanta on Highway 85. If anybody reads, please respond." Ginny lowered her head, her brown streaks falling into her face.  The signal was too weak, it just didn’t get through. ,,We're just outside the city." Amy spoke to him in the hope that he would react, but the radio just roared and let nothing get through.

,,Damn it. Hello? " Ginny put her hand on Amy’s and shook her head slightly. There would be no point in talking any further into the radio if no reaction will come anyway. ,,Hello? He couldn’t hear me. I couldn’t warn him." Saw her despairing and sad to Ginny.  ,,You did your best, Amy. Unfortunately, we cannot save all people." Ginny gave the girl courage.
But she didn’t want to hear it, she wanted to warn him. That’s all she wanted.