Chapter 4: Death of the Juliet

Harry placed his hands in front of him, hooking them together in respect. Louis knocked twice, opening Eboninea's door. Harry stepped in first followed by Louis. The young first officer pausing at the threshold in absolute wonder.

Eboninea was seated in a fancy covered chair directly beside Edward. He was in process of taking a sip from a white porcelain teacup. He sat relaxed on a small two-seat couch beside the chair the Tenerife Sea captain was.

When the door opened, she looked up silently from her spot with as much calmness as his captain.

"Ah, our other guest finally arrives." Eboninea smiled, beckoning a space beside her on another empty two-seater. A dark oak table was placed perfectly centered between the furniture.

"Prisoner." Harry corrects glumly, walking towards them and taking a seat directly in front of Edward. Both men stared at one another; one looking more ragged than the other.

Unlike Harry, Edward hadn't gotten to bathe but he was given a rag to wash his face.

"You alright?" Ed inquired softly, eyeing Harry's new clothes. He had at least been given his old clothes to change into unlike Harry. He looked dressed down and not at all formal.

Harry didn't verbally answer. He nodded once and brought his attention to Eboninea, staring her down. She remained interested in his reaction. Without speaking she snapped her fingers, pointing at the door.

Louis who had stood beside the entrance bowed his head once and quickly left. This action caused momentary silence to befall each individual still inside.

Eboninea cleared her throat awkwardly, reaching for a third teacup and picking up a steaming pot. She wordlessly poured some tea into it and handed it to Harry.

He took it, placing it cautiously to his lips, blowing gently to cool the scolding liquid.

"Yes, well..." Eboninea cleared her throat again, picking her own cup back up. "I was just explaining to Edward that your ship's cargo was brought aboard. Once my crew has taken stock of everything; we will divide it up. I am to understand that you have personal items such as clothes. You will of course be given a chance to collect those. For now, you will make due what you are wearing."

Harry took a gentle sip from his bitter brew, flinching when it stung his tongue. He remained silent but let his eyes continue to stare at his adversary.

She continued when there were no objections.

"Depending on what personal items you came with, they will be split amongst the crew. If it is of any value, we will discuss if you may still keep it or if it will be divvied up amongst the others." She observed Harry's reaction. He looked dead on his feet. His tired and forlorn expression almost matched her own exhaustion. There wasn't much sleep to be had, especially when realizing their circumstance.

"Louis already claimed my hat. I doubt I'll need it so tis not an issue. However, I've a bible. It is plain in feature and is worth nothing distinct. However, it's sentiment worth is significant." Harry murmured, setting his teacup down. "My wife gifted it to me when we were on a pick up together. She wrote something in one of the pages and I would like to keep it. Everything else is worthless." He dismissed calmly, hoping the pirate captain allowed him to keep the possession. It seemed rather arbitrary if she refused.

Still, Captain Isolde was not known for leniency. He imagined there were quite a few things he would have to sacrifice for sake of survival. Harry was just hoping she wouldn't be petty enough to deny him that one possession.

She nodded, a small hum escaping her preoccupied lips before also setting her teacup beside his. Edward followed their lead. He was not a big tea enthusiast. He would much rather have a pint of ale.