Chapter 6: Merry Notwithstanding

Harry looked out at the rippling sea once more before sighing quietly. He shut his tired eyes, gripping Captain Isolde's brass knob and tore it open and stepped through.

Captain Sheeran was sitting with a bottle of rum and Alexander was throwing dice beside Eboninea. His eyes immediately took in the scene.

"A seven! I win!" Alex cheered, reaching over to take a small disc-like piece of dough and pop it into his mouth. Harry immediately looked at the female pirate whom had a smirk playing knowing on her beautiful face. Harry's scowl deepened, his tall frame sauntering in. He took a seat next to Edward since Eboninea was taking up his spot. He wordlessly took his captain's bottle and took a nice, long healthy swig.

Eboninea cocked her head with amusement watching him.

"A scene only matched by detail, hm?" Eboninea questioned, her slow blinking movement suggested she had partaken in a dose of Laudanum.

Impossible, but she seemed much calmer than she had when he left.

Harry scoffed, shoving the bottle back into Ed's eager hands.

"Orion left this world pain free. Niall fulfilled his obligation without fail and Zayn is currently mixing more supply of Laudanum. It's a good sleep aid and if you so desire, a sedative of sorts. You could benefit." Harry snarked, reaching over and grabbing his tea cup from earlier, pouring himself some.

Eboninea chuckled, reaching over to rub Alexander's head. The boy's face screwed up annoyed at her messing his hair up. He fixed it again wordlessly.

"Your father has come back to us with a backbone. He forgets himself often, does he not, Alex?" She teased; standing up to take her seat again in her chair. "Be careful Officer." She warned, her voice playful, with a hint of warning.

Harry only deepened his glare. His eyes were beautiful; but Eboninea didn't focus too much on his detail. Only his movements.

Clearing her throat, she moved on.

"Yes, well; now that we have that settled; where is master Tomlinson? He should have escorted you in." Eboninea asked, her airy tone dismissive, but she seemed rather perturbed that he would allow Harry to walk back alone.

Harry gritted his teeth. He wasn't divulging any details related to what he had just witnessed. He did not understand why, but he did not want the first in command to get in trouble for following his orders.

"Louis did escort me, but not inside. He returned after to afford his friend a private moment. Your first in command is distraught; as thou art when thy friend hath perished." Harry responded, lying easily to the Pirate captain's face.

For extra effect, he threw his arms across his chest. "Mayhaps thou canst mend his broken soul, Lady Eboninea, with thy presence, like a ray of moonlight, doth bring solace to his troubled heart? In thy wisdom and grace, thou art the beacon of hope amidst the darkness the envelops him." He ended thickly, his eyes even more a raging green, his breath hitched and language he had learned many moons ago from one of his mates resurfaced. He was proper, but Harry also knew that sarcasm was better than his true thoughts.

Edward thrust the bottle of rum back into Harry's hand, all but forcing it up to his lips.

"Drink. You seem as though you may need it more than I. Watch yourself, mate. Sarcasm doth you no favors when Alexander is present. It's best you set an example to him and leave it be." Ed whispered, standing up to stretch his legs.

It was quiet, save for Alexander rolling the dice.

"Tis a five!" He cheered, handing the dice over to Eboninea who hadn't stopped staring at Harry.