Chapter 5: Fade

Harry kept eyeing the second in charge. He had been left in charge for a brief moment while captain Isolde went to relieve herself. It would hardly be appropriate to go with four men present. Not that she much cared about her decency at this point. Still, she guessed it would have added more awkwardness to the men in her cabin.

"Watch them." She ordered Louis before getting up and leaving. That had been a minute ago.

He hadn't said much since earlier, but his eyes spoke volumes. He let out a sigh before standing up. Without words, he reached into his pocket wordless and took out the small locket he had acquired earlier. It was Harry's. He knew that much from the woman and younger picture of Alexander.

"Here." Louis said, his voice a mere whisper. A stark contrast to his boisterous personality. His eyes were red. He didn't cry, but the sadness was evident. Harry reached up from his sitting position, grasping the locket without words. He felt his lip twitch, relief flashing across his doe greens. He took it and roped the soft string it was held onto over his head; hiding it from sight.

"Mum's locket? Why did he have it, dad?" Alexander asked curiously, glaring at Louis. He only shrugged and sat back down.

"Found it in your dad's cabin, lad. Also wanted to make sure it was of no value. Liam said it was worthless. So, Master Styles can have it back." Louis answered truthfully, earning a snort from Ed.

"How noble." Harry muttered sarcastically, touching the locket. Louis sat back down with depression, tracing his finger over old marks. He remembered Orion was the first one to greet him when he made the transition to The Tenerife Sea. He was a simple boy back then; no younger than one could call a man. He came out of his shell because of Orion and he repaid him by being a coward. He couldn't even stand up to Eboninea.

"Sorry about your friend." Edward murmured, noticing Louis was a million miles away in their own world. His head snapping up when the cabin door opened. Eboninea stepped in, happily humming a sea shanty. She paused when she saw the long faces; especially that of Louis.

"Aw, you lot are depressing. Louis? Go assist Liam. His hand isn't faring well and Niall is refusing to help. I'm hoping he will be more agreeable morning next. If not; he will walk plank. No room for useless meat suites on my ship." Eboninea muttered, unbuttoning her long coat and taking it off.

Harry stood up.

"I gave him strict orders to assist with your crew. Please, I implore that you allow me to speak with him again. I can assure his cooperation by other means if that is what it takes." He assured, glancing at Louis. "There's little need to kill him if I can convince Niall to treat your men."

Eboninea cocked her head sideways, her lips curling into a sly smile.

"And you guarantee he will cooperate?" The female captain hummed, walking forward to take her seat back on the chair.

Harry nodded, his green eyes cautiously following his adversary.

"I affirm on my life, Ms. Isolde. He will serve this crew without question." He promised, stepping a few steps to the side. Alexander moved from where he was sitting over toward Edward. This gave Harry a chance to take up the spot his son had occupied. He kept his eyes unblinking; kneeling down to sit close to Eboninea. She watched him, her own gazing his every move.

She hummed, reaching out to touch the whisps of brown hair that hung close to his face. She preened it back with gentleness before leaning forward. Her lips hovered by his ear, her sultry voice whispering sweetly.

Harry tensed, his head jerking back and resting his disturbed and angry orbs directly ahead. This made Eboninea chuckle, her hand dropping in her lap.

"How dare you!" Harry hissed, making Edward bolt up and reach over to curb the young officer's anger. The least thing they needed was for him to get himself thrown back with the animals.