Chapter 10: A Score to Settle, While Deceptions Lie

Louis shut the door to the cabin with a soft click, the keys for Ana's chains hanging easily from his hand. He turned around and ventured closer to the stairs to ascend below; he suddenly felt hands on his arms and shoulders; snatching him back against the wall.

It was the group from earlier and they looked absolutely pissed.

"Believe we got a score to settle now, Tomlinson. You keep getting us killed. Now, it's time for you to pay the tab. Seems you owe us two eyes instead of one." The one from earlier chuckled darkly, seeing Louis struggle against the group of men.

"The captain warned ya all ta disburse. I paid my debt, go down unto the kitchen and ye shall see the others already havin' their share." Louis replied, feeling his mouth seized by the younger pirate from earlier.

"Already got some, but our friend won't be comin' back from the depths of hell to reap the benefits now will he, Master Tomlinson?" The mangier pirate who looked to be doped up on something a little stronger than weed snarled, taking his cutlass out of the back of his sash where they were usually stored.

Louis' muscles tightened. He might have deserved what was coming, given he did originally promise under false pretense to share the doughboys, but had they waited, all of them would have gotten to enjoy the spoils.

"I don't think it's fair." He began, bringing the blade of his cutlass just under Louis' throat. "To know that she chose a slave over someone much more qualified to run this ship." The man virtually growled. Louis swallowed, moving his neck a little more up to accommodate the weapon so it didn't slice his neck open.

A little blood dripped from the slight pressure the man was placing on it. Louis only glanced at the three fingers the other pirate had on the hand that held his cutlass. He lost them when Eboninea 'misplaced' her broach.

Jedadiah happened to find it.

He just decided to make the bad decision to pocket it and foreign ignorance. Louis passed that test and was entrusted to remove Jedadiah's index and ring finger. Inadvertently giving him the automatic nickname of crab. As his hand resembled a crab's claw.

Louis spit into the younger lad's palm to wretch his nasty tasting hand from his mouth.

It worked like a charm as the young man screamed like a girl and backed off, frantically wiping his limb on his pants.

"Disgusting, Tomlinson! Ew! He spat in me hand!" The younger pirate complained, virtually dancing in disgust with his action.

Louis gave him a side way glare.

"I'll spit in yer face next time ye think to grab me mouth like that again laddy. As for what happened to yer buddy; I'm sorry if you blame me for that, but had you left when asked, I coul –" Louis clicked his mouth shut when a small warmth of blood spilled from the sharp blade.

"Not just Jace, Tomlinson. Orion. He was our friend; as well as yers." Crab protested, the cutlass losing a little pressure.

"He was." Louis agreed, struggling against the hands holding him. "As your first officer and as first in command, I demand you release me. We will discuss this rationally, but I will not do so under duress." The older man ordered, hearing movement by the door inside his captain's cabin.

The men laughed.

"Captain has gone night-night and no one else is around. We could throw you overboard and no one would notice until morning's tide. I know plenty a man whom should keep their traps shut if'in they value their tongues in their mouths." Crab chuckled, eyeing the younger boy.

"Ellen? Tie his hands behind his back and tie a choke in his mouth to keep 'im quiet. We're giving him a pirate's sendoff by way of the plank." Crab smirked, seeing Tomlinson struggle against the other four men. He opened his mouth, letting out a desperate call for help.