𝟢𝟢𝟩 ★

「 " too late " 」

" too late "

「 " too late " 」

ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

about five minutes into the dead-silent car ride.
chris finally spoke up, dying to break the awkward tension between the two.

"i wasn't expecting you to keep my hoodie on." he admits.

"you think i was going to wear one of his?" ella emphasizes her words to show how much he disgusted her today.

chris laughs at her before saying; "to be honest.." he trails off and then glances at her, one hand on the wheel as he does so, "yeah." he finishes.

"gross." she laughs through her words.

he looks back at the road after glancing over her features for a moment.

she looks at him, it's silent, but it's not awkward.

she kept the smile on her face after laughing and she stares at him with the same smile.

she watches as he shakes his head, chucking softly, and drives. (not recklessly like kaleb)

"yours is more comfortable." she admits, still smiling as she stares at his blue eyes.

"really?" he asks, raising his eyebrows.

"mhm." she hums and looks ahead of her while sighing.

"can't remember the last time we actually got along like this." she says, laughing in the process.

"never?" he laughs at her.

enjoy it while it lasts. they both think to themselves secretly.

"why were you sassy that day in 6th grade anyway?" she asks, hesitant before her words.