-6-

-

It was already three in the morning and neither Calum nor Ashton could fall asleep that night.

Their house was a death silent making Calum listen to Ashton's light sobs pretty clear. This was of course breaking the younger boy's heart, but Calum didn't have the guts to go downstairs and face the boy who literally confessed his feelings for him to apologize.

It was just too much. Calum knew he did something really bad and wrong, after all no one deserve to get into a situation like that. However, he had no idea how to undo what he did early.

Meanwhile, Ashton was still crying his eyes out. But not because he was feeling sad or something, in fact, he felt like he did something wrong. That he should had listening to Calum, 'No feelings, just sex.'

He didn't mean to start looking at Calum in a different way, not at all. But every thing and touch that Calum ever shared with him was so real and passionately that Ashton could't help. Ashton was also scared to face Calum, after all he basically ruined his 8 years' of friendship with the younger boy.

It took a while before Calum finally took a deep breath, counted to ten and got out from bed ready to go to the living room. Little did he know that exactly that moment, Ashton also decided to take courage and go upstairs. It was like both of their brains worked together as neither of them turned the lights on so they could surprise each other or something like that.

As the two friends were going up/downstairs slowly not causing any type of sound, Ashton screamed the moment he felt someone treading on the same step as him. Calum also scared the hell out of his body and soul but somehow was fast enough to grab Ashton's waist tightly avoiding the older boy to fall downstairs.

Ashton for a second forgot about their previously fight and threw his arms automatically around Calum's body, "It's okay, I got you Ash."

"T-thanks," Ashton said shakily unwrapping his self from Calum and coughing awkwardly. Calum, however, still had his arms around Ashton's small waist like he didn't want the older boy to go anywhere.

"Ash, we need to talk," Calum murmured searching for Ashton's hazel eyes but failing since the darkness was taking the place that moment.

Ashton tensed a bit before agreeing with his friend, "Let's go upstairs."

After they both entered their room, an awkward silent 'spreads' in the air making the two friends somehow uncomfortable, "So..."

A giggle escaped out of Ashton's mouth since he noticed how embarrassed the two were, "So...?"

"A-are you really in love with me?"

Ashton tensed. Calum was always direct with talking but right now Ashton really wished he hadn't asked that question. Swallowing hard and already feeling a lump in his throat, Ashton did nothing but low his head to avoid contact with Calum.

There were no spark, dimpled smile or giggles whenever Ashton was sad. And obviously, Calum hated that. So slowly without the older boy noticing, Calum walked over him placing a gentle hand under Ashton's chin making they both stare at each other's eyes.

That moment, several thoughts were running through Ashton's mind just like a fast train making him dizzy and unable to speak, "I-I, I d-don't kno-"

"Please don't lie to me Ash," the brownish haired boy said and took a step making both of their chests to touch, "Do you love me or not?"

"Y-yeah, I guess," Ashton finally answered quietly closing his eyes.

Anyhow, after hearing that short answer, Calum backed away letting go of Ashton's touch and smirked while crossing his arms, "No you don't."