01

Toby

I'm on my regular run, one that i take almost every day but changes each month.

I live with my mom currently, my dad is out of the picture, has been for about 12 years now, still hard from me to think about.

I run about a mile and a half to two miles each day. I don't exactly know how I run that far, I just turn on music and it feels like it goes by in seconds.

I usually take one before school, shower, then head off to school. Once I get back, I stream or just lay down and go to sleep. Usually skipping dinner but it isn't that big of a deal.

I head out around 5:30 and come back around 6:15. Then I use the rest of my time to sit in the shower and contemplate life. I do that a lot.

I also sometimes just watch streams before school, constantly looking for ideas for my next stream.

I don't have a good relationship with my mom. She's not as welcoming or accepting as I hoped she would be. That's mostly why I stream, to get money so that I can actually buy myself stuff and be able to go out.

Most of my life is running. It's funny, isn't it? Running away from my dad, running from my problems, running away from transphobes at school, even running away from my life.

My mom is constantly moving for work, never staying in one spot for longer than a month. So I don't really make friends. Not like I'd want to anyways. I'm way too antisocial for that kind of stuff.

I just sit in my room, try to not off myself, and question why I'm still here.

It's like I'm not scared of death, I'm just scared of leaving.

It's not like I have anything left here, but I just don't think I can be able to do it.

I once tried to hang myself in the sixth grade after I came out. Some boys chased me around and beat me, telling me to just kill myself already. I went to a mental hospital for 2 months after that.

That's where I met Oli. They don't really talk about it much, but he's been to at least 3 of them, none of them helping. We actually met in his third one and stayed in contact since we were roommates. He was the first decent human being I met there.

I moved though. I moved out to Virginia, then to New Hampshire, then Texas, then New York. Now here I am, in fucking Los Angeles. Home of whatever the fuck it's known for.

I still have Oli's number. It's not like I'd text him though. He probably doesn't even remember me.

But I guess it was the exact opposite of that.

This one night, I'm just chilling out, streaming some peaceful unboxing or whatever the game is called. The one with the cute little room that you can decorate however you want to.

You get the gist- so I'm playing it randomly, when all of a sudden, I get a text from my phone. Of course I have my notifications on since I don't really get texted, that's when I saw his contact.

Oliver from Psych

Hey can you come pick me up?
Sent at 11:04pm | read

Wer r u?
Sent at 11:06pm | Read

56 Bushly road
Sent at 11:07pm | Read

K
Sent at 11:08pm | Read

-------

Now I know what I just got myself into! Not really but still!

"Ok chat, I have to cut this short due to an emergency. I will be back tomorrow or sometime after that. Have a good one everyone! Bye!" I quickly ended the steam and shut off my PC while grabbing my phone, keys, and my water.

I go out to my car, being a 2020 Honda Civic, and connected my phone to the aux. I played my favorite playlist while starting the car and heading to where Oliver told me to go.

And here I was, thinking tonight would be a normal night. Turns out, I was wrong.

I pulled up to a soaked Oliver, shivering and completely drenched. I jumped out and put my sweater around him, quickly bringing him to the car.

I helped him into the passenger seat and slid into the driver's and headed off back to my place.

As we were back on the highway, around ten minutes till we got to mine, I finally took a good look at him.

He was obviously drunk. His hair sticking to his forehead, his clothes completely soaked, and his eyes completely red with dried tears on his cheeks. I didn't say anything though. I just drove.

I just drove...

-------------

What.

The fuck.

Is going on...

Is probably what all of you guys are thinking rn while I just know exactly what's going to happen.

Oh and the whole phone thing, just go with it. It's like whatever and I put it in without realizing so just go with it guys.

Also yes, that is him from the other book. They never found his body and shit, which I will explain later.

This is kind of a sequel but also a whole different book on a friend of Oliver's. You see, I promised you guys something good and I, of course, upheld it.

I seriously hope you guys enjoyed this since it took a while to plan. This is honestly a big thing and I hope it brings you as much joy as it will be bringing me.

WOOO LONELY BOY SEQUEL!!

Wc: 945