𝟚.

"Y/n, c'mon!"

Checking myself out one last time, I rolled my eyes at their impatience. "In a minute!" I yell back, quickly applying some sunblock, and tying my sarong across my waist. I then put on some gloss (optional), and left after wearing my flip-flops.

"A minute's up already!" The familiar voice of Isabel whines.

"I'm here, I'm here... Jeez." I finally join the two. "Woah-" Belly's eyes widen the moment I appeared. "Talk about a glow up." She compliments, making me chuckle softly. "Please, you're the one to talk." I scoff, and began walking through the lawn, excited to leave the house.

"Hey, did you know my dad's coming up for the Fourth?" Bels then informs us as we all make our way towards the beach. "Cool." Jere comments, and I don't really understand why she's telling us that. "Don't you think it's weird?" She questions.

"Why would it be weird? He always comes over for the Fourth." I shrug.

"Not last summer. Ever since they got divorced..." She mumbles. "Wait, they got divorced?" I ask, surprised, and she just nods in return. "Okay, I can see why you think it'd be weird." I admit. "I don't." Jere scoffs. "I love your dad." He then tells Bel. "You love all dads." I tease the boy.

"You're not wrong there, but I don't discriminate based on gender." He winks. "Evidently." I chuckle. Jere coming out was not much of a shocker, especially since I was one of the first people to know about it back in middle school.

But when the rest found out, they seemed quite surprised. Supportive, yes. But I don't think anyone really saw it coming other than Steven and Laurel. His dad didn't have the best reaction, but at least he didn't give the boy a hard time about it.

I've never really liked that man, to be honest.

And neither did my dad, but since they were business clients, he never let his true emotions regarding the man out. But speaking of dad's... Belly's parents divorcing was kind of a bummer. I mean, her dad's great! However, now that I think of it, Laurel never had much chemistry with him anyway.

"Yeah but they've only been divorced for like, a year and a half." I was snapped back to reality by that dumb stone I nearly tripped over. "I mean, that's what's so cool about Laurel, you know. She doesn't give a shit." I shrug, resuming the topic. "Exactly." Jere chuckles.

"Yeah, she doesn't really give a shit, because she's the one who wanted the divorce in the first place." Bels sighs. "I think if you don't wanna be married, you just shouldn't be married." The boy shrugs. "Yeah but divorces are like lawful breakups. Those things can get messy as fuck." I mumble.

"Well, not necessarily." He disagrees. "Just don't go around pooping on your partner's bed, and I guess things should be fine." He jokes, making us all laugh. "God, I miss that trial." I smile softly, at the thoughts of how entertaining that drama was, and glad that justice had finally been served.

"Same. I had an entire lawyer phase after watching Camille." Bels admits, and I felt that was something pretty much everyone could relate to. "Did you know my dad has a new girlfriend?" She then informs. "Already?!" I ask, a little taken back. "Mhm." She nods.

"Did you meet her yet?" I then question. "Nope, and I don't plan on doing so either." She shakes her head disapprovingly. "Well, what about your mom?" Jere asks. "Is she dating anyone?" He adds. "No. Oh, but my dad does have a beard now." She laughs.

"Your dad has a beard?" I raise my brows, unable to imagine it. "Yeah, yeah... He thinks it makes him look cool." She chuckles. "Well, does it?" Jere wonders aloud. "Kind of." She giggles, and we finally made it to the beach. "I've waited all year for this." Bels inhales the fresh, humid air.

"I never really realized how much I missed coming here, until I finally did reach." I admire the beauty of the sea. "You wanna race?" Jeremiah smirks, knowing how extremely competitive I could get at times. "Oh no, I can't you two go." Bels frowns, and I already knew something was up.

"Oh, c'mon." Jere rolls his eyes. "Your legs are too long... I can't-" She mumbles, shooting me a look that I could instantly recognize, and so, I took off. "Last one there is a boiled pumpkin!" I cry, throwing my sarong and flip-flops and towels away, charging towards the sea.

"That's not how the saying goes." Bels chuckles, a few feet behind. "That was a bad start." I laugh, knowing that Jere was close behind. "You cheater!" He whines, catching up to me. "I'm gonna get you-" He calls after me, barely a few inches behind, but I had already reached the water.

Just then, due to my sudden stop, he caught up and accidently knocked me down, toppling over me, himself, and we both were down now. A big wave had reduced our impact from the fall to the ground, and by the time it retreated, we were both soaked entirely.

 Jeremiah lied on top of me, his face merely inches away from mine, as he gazed innocently into my deep y/e/c eyes. Holy shit does he look hot from this angle? Or... basically any angle. Oh my god... Was this it?  Was this gonna be the moment that Susannah had predicted even before I was born?

My first kiss with one of her sons? Apparently not, for my awkward body developed a mind of it's own, and I wrapped my legs around Jeremiah's waist, and I managed to flip him over, pinning him down. He's too good of a friend of mine for me to even think about that.

But that could also be due to the fact that I was too busy thinking about her other son. 

Another wave came and hit both of our faces, and we began to laugh, until I finally got up, to roam around a little, and helped him up as well. Once he was up, he began splashing water at me, and I did the same, soon to be joined by Belly as well. 

"God, I missed this so much."