𝟙𝟞.

"Ugh, this is sooo boring!"

Right from sorting the books based on their genres, to arranging them alphabetically, there was nothing that I didn't have to do. The boys, who were supposed to be helping me, are of no use whatsoever, as they only made everything worse.

And as for Conrad, the only non-useless person here, refused to hang out with me as he was still pissed about today's game earlier, and had somehow managed to sneak his way into the kitchen, and was now, drinking his problems away as usual.

God, doesn't he ever learn from his mistakes?

I know how important this event is to Laurel, and that's the only reason why I'm not creating a scene here for being the only person who has to work. The boys, though mischievous, aren't exactly ill-mannered either. Conrad's a gentleman too, but the same CANNOT be said about the drunk version of him.

Then he's just angry, and broody, and depressed. Even more so than usual! One snap, and his outrageous behavior might just ruin everything. And he's perfectly aware of that as well, yet he just can't seem to stop. What's up with him feeling bad for me about last night anyway?

Did he genuinely care? And if so, then why? It's not like I was hurt in any way, just as Jere stated. Belly was the one who got humiliated and injured, not once, but twice that night. Shouldn't he be feeling bad for her? I know I do...

"Hey hey hey- don't drop it!" Jere warns the chuckling Steven, as they both just joked around, balancing the books that they were supposed to segregate, on top of their heads instead. "Guys, c'mon... If you're not planning to help, y'all might as well just leave it all to me." I scoff.

Very dumb idea, to be honest, because instead of motivating the guys to do better, I ended up convincing them to leave instead. "Oh, cool. You heard her. Let's go." Steven grins, taking the first chance he got to escape, dropping on the books on the nearby table, and rushing away before I could change my mind, and/or call him back.

"Thank you so much, y/n... You're a sweetheart, you know that?" Jere grins, rushing up to me, pulling me into a one-armed hug, and quickly taking off, joining his friend. "Man, y'all are pathetic..." I grumble to myself, really not expecting that to happen.

But then again, they're all nothing but a bunch of post-pubescent premature dodos... I don't know what to expect from then anymore. Not like I ever did anyway smh. Now I had no option but to do everything on my own.

Those bastards... "I'm gonna kill them!" I spat aloud, resulting in an old lady looking at me, both offended, and upset, an image of her grandchildren open on her phone as she showed it to those around them. 

"What a beastly girl!" She exclaims disdainfully, storming away along with the other two ladies standing beside her, all of them shooting me angry glares. "I wasn't-" I sigh, wanting to explain myself, but they too, had already left.

Oh well, it just must be my luck...

About an hour had passed, and I was finally done. Extremely exhausted too, due to it, and so, I made my way to the couch where the boys were all lazing, and plopped down between Steven and Jeremiah, as the drunk Connie was occupying way more space than what he required.

"Move it, bitch." I shove his resting legs away, and take a seat instead.

"I'm bored." I groan the same statement I had been repeating in my mind ever since we got here. "Yeah, this shit is so boring. Let's just go and do something." Steven concurs. "Like what?" I ask. "I don't know... Can we like, go somewhere?" He wonders aloud. 

"Yeah, where?" Jere asks, all in for it without even knowing what we were gonna do. Now that's the kind of supportive bestie every person needs. Except maybe when it comes to committing some serious crime. Murdering one's ex does not count.

"Anywhere away from here." I beg, desperate for a break. "Well, we could go into town, and I don't know..." Connie starts. "OH- We can go to town and buy some weed from that guy with the Rainbow Dash tattoo!" Jere suggests enthusiastically.

"He got arrested last year." Conrad informs. "Oh shit, really?" Jere asks, disappointed now. "Yeah..." Connie sighs, just as upset. "Well uh, we-we could go to the, um, the drive-in." Steven then suggests, smirking. "Oh hell naw-" I scoff.

"Dude, gross. I don't wanna watch Belly hooking up with some random kid at the back of the minivan." Jere rolls his eyes, making us all snicker a little. "Yo, actually..." Conrad then starts. "Let's go to the drive-in." He grins mischievously. "What the- no way." I protest.

"Wait, like-like really?" Steven asks, genuinely considering it. "Yeah, why not?" Connie muses. "Yes! Oh my god, c'mon, let's go!" Steven and him, both, agree. "You're driving." He then tosses the keys over to Steve, and they both get up, dragging us along.

"C'mon, y/n... It's gonna be fun!"