𝟙𝟝.

"To the right, to the right Coco-"

Eyes still glued to the screen, three hours into the game, I'm certain that it's imprinted on my eyeballs at this point. Just another hour to go, and then it's off to the book party. Though I'm not too excited about it, I'm pretending otherwise to display my love and support for the author of our family.

Laurel Park, of course.

Never really read her books, but she prefers it to be that way, as I'm still like a little kid to her, in her head. And because they contain some very steamy scenes she gets to awkward about every time someone mentions it. And by someone, I mean Susannah, as she digs this kinda stuff.

And because she's the only one who's read the book.

"Full team, full team, full team..." Stevie repeats when more enemies spawn in front of us. "Okay, I'm coming. Coming right now." Jeremiah, his teammate, confirms. "C'mon Coco, blow his head off-" I command. "I-I can't y/n, he's a--" Conrad starts, but the strange man just comes closer.

"Just do it Conrad!" I raise my voice a little.

"No, you don't understand--" He sighs, but just then, I decided to blow his head off instead, cheering at the sight of all that blood. "Hah, barely 3 hours in, and y/n l/n still remains the undisputed champ of the century!" I cheer, making the others burst out laughing.

Everyone but Conrad, who just glared at me seriously. Again."What?" I roll my eyes at him. "Your delusion only makes me wanna blow off your head at this point." He deadpans, looking away. "The hell is that supposed to mean, asshat?" I narrow my eyes at my partner.

"That you just killed the fucking guy WE were sent out to rescue!" He yells, making the others laugh some more. "Well then you should've just told me so-" I scoff, tossing my hands up in the air. "I was trying, but your impatient little ass only likes to listen to the sound of her own fucking voice-" He rolls his eyes.

"God, stop overreacting." I look away, continuing the game.

Two minutes in and things were going smoothly again. Mostly because we were going up against Jeremiah and Stevie now, and not some random missions. "Cracked one, cracked one." Stevie mumbles. "Nice..." Jere supports, hiding from me as I tried to kill him, yet again.

"HAH! Got him." I grin, shooting the guy numerous times.

"Dude- what? Screw you." Jere scoffs, and just then, Bels approached us. "See you guys later." She announces, but we were too fixated on the game to focus. "Damn..." Jere was the only one to notice, for he was slowly dying right now, so he still had a few seconds at hand before he would respawn somewhere else.

Getting up, and walking up to Bels, he almost instantly respawned somewhere at the other end of the map, and so I was now on a run to go catch him again. "Be there in 2..." I mumble, talking to Jere's game body, who obviously couldn't hear me.

"Are you kidding dude? No, just go abandon the game entirely like that-" Stevie scoffs.

"You... look, hot!" I hear him compliment, and I almost instantly shoot my head back, dropping my console on my lap, no longer caring about the game I was so serious about for the past three hours. "Hey hey hey, stop flirting with my sister." Steven almost instantly gets overprotective. 

"Shut up, Steven." Belly scoffs. "No, you shut up." Steven fires back. "Well, you do look good though." He then compliments. "Too good to be true, babes." I wink at her, boosting her confidence. "So, you driving with, or are you just meeting us there?" Jeremiah then asks her. 

"Oh, she's not coming." I answer on her behalf.

"My girl has a date with someone who isn't Peppermint this time." I chuckle, reminding her about that tea-time session when we were 8. "It's Junior Mint." She corrects defensively ."Wait, so then where are you going?" Conrad asks. "The drive-in." She answers.

"With who?" Stevie asks. "Cam Cameron." I reply. "Dude, dude- focus!" I then nudge Connie, who was getting distracted. "Uh, anyway, I have to go now. My ride is here." She excuses herself. "Bye y/n!" She calls after me.

"If he breaks your heart, just text me." I tell her. "I'll nail-gun his..." I cackle maniacally while shooting Jeremiah's body psychotically. "What the hell?" All the guys look at me weirdly, hella concerned for their own safety. "What?" I just shrug, looking at them innocently.

"Nothing, you little psycho-"