𝟟.

"Look who finally made it..."

An unfamiliar voice slurs a little, approaching Belly and I. "Where are you girls coming from?" The creep from the store greets us. "My ex's funeral." I stare menacingly at him, smiling creepily. "A-another party..." Bels sighs. "I didn't realize you two were friends." The guy walks closer. 

"Could be something more too." I wink at Bels.

"I'm still mad at you." She rolls her eyes, still not happy about my plan to skateboard here, because it wasn't until we hit the roads that we realized that it was too small for the both of us, so she ended up walking next to me, as I skated my way here.

"You're no fun." I frown, just wanting her to play along so that this creep disappears.

"Sweet... Here, take my beer." He then offers Bels, liking her more due to her politeness. "No, no no, thanks... I'm okay." She declines. "So uh, you got a boyfriend back at home?" His shameless hands find their way to grab Belly's arm. "Or girlfriend?" He then glares at me.

"Oh that's it-" I roll my eyes, not wanting to slit his throat just yet.

"Yo, STEVEN!" I call the nearest boy I see. "What are you two doing here?" His eyes land on mine, and he lets go of the girl he was hanging out with, walking closer to us when he realized that something wasn't quite right. 

"And-and I'm sorry, but Belly, what are you wearing?" His eyes narrow a little the moment his eyes land on his sister. "I invited them, and pinkie's with me. Who the fuck are you?" The creep pumps his chest up, acting all protective. "I'm her brother." Steven scoffs, unamused.

"And she's 15, you pedo." He rolls his eyes.

"I-I am almost 16..." Belly corrects as the creep's smile falls. "My bad-" He is quick to leave after learning that fact, turning to me instead now. "I may not be as young as her, but I'm equally disinterested." I scoff before he could get any ideas or fantasies.

"Now run along." I shoo him off, smiling at Steven and thanking him for the save. "Jesus Christ, Belly c'mon..." He sighs, taking Belly off with him once I gave the two some space, standing next to the girl Steven was with earlier, giving her a soft smile, which she returned.

"Quit embarrassing yourself- Are you kidding me?!" I hear Steven raise his voice a little as the two appeared to engage in a heated discussion. "Stop it, Steven!" Bels cries, and shoves her brother, but Steven being Steven, obviously returned the favor, clearly underestimating his own strength due to always being around guys.

"Are you okay?" He then sighs, realizing what he had done, but not completely regretting it. 

"Belly!" I call after her, rushing up to her fallen body, helping her up. Laughter was heard, and so were a lotta snide comments, and I had no option but to ignore them. "Belly? y/n?" Conrad, who was too busy making out with some random chick, noticed us.

"Sup." I greet him awkwardly, trying to ignore the pinning feeling that shot through my chest the moment I saw the two. "I thought you hated the Red Sox." Belly simply walks up to him, referring to the cap his date was wearing. "Um, who are you?" The girl asks defensively.

"Who are you?" Belly questions harshly, her jealousy surfacing a little. "Nicole." The girl answers. "Conrad and I went together to the Deb Ball last summer." She adds. "Ah, my first victim." I grin to myself. "Excuse me?" The girl, whom I didn't know would hear me, questions, eyes wide.

"Nothing." I quickly say, grinning ineptly.

"However... about the Deb--" I turn to Conrad, who already seemed to have an answer ready. "It was after everyone left to take Steven to look at colleges." He explains. "I thought you said that Deb Balls are bullshit, and that all the Debs are sheep." Bels quotes.

"I didn't..." Conrad blurts, looking at the angry Nicole, and then back to Belly. "Hypocrite-" I raise my brows at him. "Whatever. You're such a brat." He rolls his eyes. "Well, you're an asshole!" Belly fires back. "y/n, Belly!" A jogging Jeremiah greets us, smiling broadly.

"You guys came." He grins. "Now we can all hang out together, you guys. The entire crew." He suggests, wrapping his arms around mine and Belly's shoulders. "I'm about to take them home." Steven butts in. "What? Why me?" I ask, confused. "And me?" Belly asks.

"Yeah, we're leaving." He commands. "Are you kidding me?" Jere raises his brows in protest. "I'm not going anywhere." I cross my arms. "Yes, you are. I don't wanna have to keep an eye on you the entire night so that you don't go around killing people." He rolls his eyes.

"Okay, Steven, chill out. y/n's probably out of her assassin-phase by now." Jere defends. "Like c'mon, leave them be." He scoffs. "Go hang out with Shayla or something." He suggests, and I hear the girl call him, asking him to leave us be. "Fine." He finally gives in.

"But just... stay right here, and don't talk to anybody." He instructs Belly.

"And keep any sharp objects away from her." He then points at me. "Alright okay, chill." Jere dismisses him. "Fuck you!" Belly cries, flipping him off, and Jere just laughs. "Wow... alright guys, listen." He then changes the topic.

"For one, I'm really happy you guys came." He smiles genuinely, having a calming effect on me, which was obviously interrupted within a matter of seconds, by an angry girl who called after him, not really appreciating him hanging out with other girls.

"Okay, I will be right back." He quickly excuses himself, rushing over to the girl, leaving us all alone, one more time. "Guess it's just you and me again..." Belly sighs, turning to me. "You're saying that as if it's a bad thing." I scoff, unable to take my eyes off that fucking hypocrite...

"I think I'm gonna go get a non-alcoholic drink."