Chapter 10: Who am I?

Lisa POV

I woke up to feel the massive pain in my head.

I sat up slowly and looked around.

Who am I?

What am I doing here?

Someone is sleeping on the couch just opposite my bed.

She's so pretty but I have no idea who she is.

I glanced at the phone beside me and took it.

Is this my phone?

It shows a picture of that girl on the couch with another girl. Is that me?

We look great together...

Maybe it is my phone...

I read the latest text message.

Kai: I'm still here if you need me, baby. I love you so much. I understand why you broke up with me and chose her. You're still going with our plan?

Huh? What plan?

I scrolled to the earlier text.

This woman... She's trying to get my fortune?

I... I better stay away from her.

I stood up from my bed stealthily and balanced myself. Something fell off from the bed so I took a glance at what it was.

It's a teddy bear.

Must be hers.

I grabbed it and placed it close to her before walking towards the bathroom.

My hands trembled when I saw my face in the mirror.

I look... inhumane. What happened to me?

Was it her fault? Did she try to kill me just so she could get my money?

I better get out of here.

There were some clothes and a wallet with cards in it.

Lisa Manoban... the same name that's around my wrist tag. It must be me.

I changed into those clothes and I exited the hospital and walked towards the street.

I hailed a cab. I instructed the driver to bring me to the address written on my wallet.

"You okay? What happened to you?" The driver asked as he drove the cab.

"I don't know..." I said truthfully.

When we reached a sort of building, I used the card to tap on the elevator sensor. The elevator brought me to a penthouse.

I saw some articles of me from the magazines with that girl on the couch again. It seems that the news has been going crazy the past month.

I need to lay low. I can't remember much... especially that pretty girl. I'm still unsure if she's a threat or just someone close.

I packed my luggage of clothes, passport and headed to the airport.

I don't know who I am.

All I know is I'm a rich businesswoman that is always in the news and... I can't trust anybody for now.

The first thing I'm gonna do when I reach Japan is get plastic surgery because my face is just badly deformed.

———————

Author's note: Ok one moreeeee!