Chapter 28: Brand New Life

Jennie POV

"Arasso... Yes, it's Appa." I sighed when my baby started kicking in my tummy upon hearing Lisa's speech.

Not that my baby is aware of Lisa's voice but the fact that everytime I see her and stare, my baby would sense something and react.

Lili... she looks so tired and sad on the TV.

It reminds me of the day when she passed out live on TV in Turkey.

"Hey hey! The baby kicked again but you didn't tell me? I want to feel the baby kick, love..." Matteo rushed in his apron towards the living room and held my tummy.

"Opps~ I forgot hehe!" I giggled.

"Aish... You meanie." Matteo sighed before squeezing my cheeks and walking back into the kitchen.

After the hurtful words Lisa said that day, I decided that we should give the both of us some time. Divorce is never in my head of course. I know that I still love her.

However... things took a turn when I met Matteo.

He is a very wise guy.

I know, it's unfair to compare Lisa with another guy considering her special condition but I do need a different perspective.

Matteo gave me that perspective.

Appa knows my whereabouts but he promised not to tell Lisa until I feel that it's time. Although, part of me is still hurt that she would choose her teddy bear over me.

I know that bear holds a lot of memories and comfort for her but to say she regrets saving me just because she left her bear at the hospital? That hurts.

After I walked away, I chose to head towards a nearby bar where I first met Matteo. He was a sweet gentleman who worked there.

He decided not to make the drink I ordered but instead, just ice water with lemon. Of course I was pissed considering how I needed to make myself drunk from the heartbreak I encountered but now that I think of it, I'm glad I didn't get the order.

Because of my tiny Lisa in me.

"N-nini... are you watching me? P-please, let me see you. Tell me where you are... Please!" Lisa talked to the camera which made me shut my eyes and tears fell.

The tv turned mute.

I felt someone wiping my tears before kissing me on the cheek. The lather sat beside me and pulled me into his embrace.

Matteo.

"Babe... If you miss her... Just talk to her. She's the dad to the baby. No matter how much you think about it, she deserves another chance..." Matteo kissed my head.

"But it still hurts... Everytime I see her. I get reminded of her hurtful words." I sobbed.

"You need closure. Either you meet her and reconcile or end it off with her. I respect your decision no matter what it is." Matteo brushed my hair to the back lovingly.

"You're weird, you know that?" I sobbed and he giggled.

"It's been an amazing 6 months, Jennie. But we both know your heart belongs to her. I can't change what's in your heart, love." Matteo said as he pointed to the tv where Lisa is still begging.

"Thank you, Matty." I rubbed my face on his chest.

"I love you, Jennie. Now, tell me when you're ready to go back. I'll escort you and this tiny kicker to the Appa." Matteo said as he rubbed my tummy.