9

Scarlett

Scarlett woke up to the sound of their ikrans crying, along with bit of sunlight that was able to sneak through the tall forest trees. 

Scarlett opened her eyes. She tried to move her hand when she realized that it was stuck to something. Her hand was gripped by Spider, who was holding it in his own hand. Both of their hands seemed to be gripping each other tightly. Also, her head was on his shoulder, followed by his cheek on her head. 

Scarlett felt surprised and happy all at the same time. Her cheeks turned red, which was, thankfully, blocked by her mask. 

She scanned the area to see if there were people watching. Nope. Everyone is still asleep. 

Slowly, without waking Spider up, she slipped her hand away from his, and removed her neck from his shoulder. He stirred a bit, then fell back asleep. 

Scarlett walked around the area, waiting for everyone to wake up. She couldn't keep thinking of Spider holding her hand, of Spider being so close. 

Her face felt so hot as she thought about it. She felt strangely happy about it. 

Focus on the mission. she thought. Deal with this later. 

Totally not avoiding it, no. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all on the ikrans, flying to a boat before confronting the sea people. Scarlett was sharing an ikran with a really boring man, who does nothing but stay close to Quaritch and listen to him. 

Speaking of Quaritch, he was riding on an ikran with Spider, who was, thankfully, teaching him how to speak Na'vi properly. 

Finally, they arrived to the ship, which was a lot bigger than Scarlett imagined. And, much cooler looking than the lab. They all landed on board, getting off the ikrans. 

Scarlett looked around in awe. There were so many people, and guns, and water, and it was amazing!

There was this one cool looking gun in the corner. It would fit in her bag, and was much bigger than her smaller gun. She snuck over to the corner, and quickly put it in her bag. No one seemed to notice, so she followed the group inside. 

The inside was a lot cooler. There were holograms and computers everywhere! Very useful to spot enemies from any direction. The holograms showed different areas on Pandora. All the computers and holograms back at the lab felt, to Scarlett, more like an accessory rather than a tool. 

"This is awesome." she heard herself whisper. No one seemed to notice that she said something, except maybe Spider. He grinned when she turned his way. 

She had a feeling that she would have smiled back it she wasn't wearing her mask. 

Quaritch yanked both of their masks off and hung them up on a rack on the wall. "Place is full of oxygen." he said. "If anyone needs masks, its us." 

Weirdo. 

Quaritch walked over to a hologram, talking to a few people. Scarlett really didn't need to hear him. 

She decided to explore the ship. At each room were computers and holograms, not to mention a lot of weapons. She tried to take a few, but was instantly caught, and taken back to Quaritch. 

"Take care of your worms." the man who caught her said to Quaritch. 

The look Quaritch had on his face when he turned to face her made Scarlett want to laugh and scowl at the same time. Her punishment? She had to sit still in a spot the whole time they're there, which Quaritch knew was punishment enough. 

Scarlett preferred to attack rather than sit and observe. Didn't make any sense to her. After all, won't the enemy attack you if you just sit there. You'll obviously die. 

Spider sat down beside her. "You ARE trouble." 

"What, you didn't realize?" Scarlett asked.

Spider chuckled.

Quaritch glanced over to them and said "Time to go."

They both got up, but Quaritch stopped her. "One second." 

"What?" 

Quaritch waited for Spider to leave, then turned to Scarlett. "Don't attach to him." he said.

"Who said anything about attaching?" Scarlett asked. 

"I see the way he looks at you." Quaritch said. "And, sometimes, you look back." 

Scarlett lowered her gaze to the floor. "Stay away from him," Quaritch said. "Or something bad will happen to your sister." 

Scarlett looked at him with surprise. He had never threatened her sister before. This meant that he was extremely serious. 

Scarlett looked to the floor and nodded. "Good." she heard Quaritch say. "Let's go." 

Scarlett followed him. He made sure the ikran that she was on was at the very back of the group. 

Scarlett was, surprisingly, missing Spider, but it was either her sister, or a boy she barley knows. 

Scarlett sighed. I have no idea where this is going.