11

Scarlett

Can't believe I just did that. 

Talking to Spider, now defending an animal. 

Refusing to move. 

She heard how Quaritch said her name. What will he do now? 

Scarlett was sure he would do something to her sister. Scarlett felt like crying, but she couldn't, not in front of everyone. 

They were headed back to the ship. Quaritch decided to be more discreet. To try to draw out Jake. 

The minute they landed on the ship, Quaritch grabbed Scarlett's wrist with amazingly strong force. "I warned you." he said in a low voice. "Now pay the price." 

He let go, walking back inside. Scarlett felt tears forming at the edge of her eyes. "Scarlett." 

She turned around to see Spider. Tears started to stream down her cheeks, down into the depths of her mask. Spider pulled her close, and hugged her, like back when they first met. Only this time, she hugged him back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were all inside. Well, she, Spider, and a few other were. Outside were everyone else, boarding a boat. 

This was that Mick guy's idea. He usually hunts tulkuns, for some serum in them. Quaritch was tagging along with them. 

Soon, a group of tulkuns went past. One even had a baby with her. Scarlett felt a bad feeling form in her stomach. Knowing Quaritch, he would be aiming for the mother. 

Spider was by the computer, asking someone questions. Dr. Ian Garvin she thinks. 

She was watching the tulkun race. She already knew how they were going to hunt the tulkun, just by looking at the types of weapons they got. 

First, they were going to attach a tracking device to the tulkun, to track it underwater. They would, then, send bombs underground to get the tulkun to the surface. Then, shoot a spear into them, which is attached with air bags, that brings them to the surface. Finally...they would kill it. 

That's just what happened on the montier. Spider looked at it with horror. He looked back to her, with a pleading look in his eyes. Just like back on the island. 

Scarlett looked at him and shook her head. There was nothing that she could do. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett and Spider joined the others at the bottom of the ship, where they bought the dead tulkun. Its baby was no where to be seen. I hope it got away safely. 

They opened up the mouth and inserted a needle in it. The needle was connected to a small bottle. Within a few minutes, the bottle was full of golden liquid. "What's that?" Spider asked. 

"This," Mick said, holding the bottle, "Is a serum that tulkun has." 

"Seems like a lot of waste for just that." Scarlett heard herself say. 

"Well," Mick said. "This serum also stops human growth." He laughed. "You can see how much money I can get with this." 

He walked away. "Lose the airbags and sink it!" he told the others. 

"Wait," Quaritch said. "Keep the airbags. I want them to know it was us." 

Mick looked at him. "I charge extra to be used as bait." 

Spider walked up to Scarlett as they were talking. "He threatened your sister, right?" 

"Not relevant right now." Scarlett said. 

Spider looked at her, and something glistened in his eyes. It was like a spark, one that they both felt. Scarlett sighed and shook it off. 

Can't risk it anymore. she thought. Can't do anything.