.004.

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. – William Shakespeare

________________________

It wasn't the floating candles and nor was it the canopy of night sky that had bewildered Alexandra like the rest of the kids.

The one and only reason why Alexandra was finding it hard to control her mind and childlike excitement was Albus Dumbledore. The fair beard majestic (in her words) man himself had caught her attention like no other, the intensity of his magic was strong; stronger than of all the kids and professors combined together his magic was something special, it was ancient and wise and she felt a pull towards it, she felt a similarity.

She had heard a lot about Headmaster Dumbledore from her parents and James alike, but nothing could compare to seeing him her now in all his divine glory.

A man known for his wisdom and power she often would wonder why he had constrained himself to the walls of this castle spending all the precious time of his life surrounded by children still learning to control their magic but no matter how long she pondered the answer never showed up and perhaps that is also a reason as to why his mystery had intrigued her.

She felt it again, her magic sparkling with recognition pulling her towards him, feeling something in his aura that she couldn't really describe other than calling it 'familiar'. She resisted the pull knowing well in her head that it wouldn't be welcomed; such a gesture no matter how rational it may sound in her head.

"The world is different than you see it Alexandra"  her fathers words rang in the back of her head as she tried to block her mind off of the intensity of his magic.

Just before she could close off her thoughts she felt his eyes on her, starting deep holes of wonder his eyebrows scrunched together he looked confused. Her eyes didn't waver off of his crystal blue eyes pining her down in skepticism.

"Bloody hell, Reg do you think I could have one of these at home in my chambers" Rosiers voice was like ice cold water on her head as she broke the scrutinizing stare and instead tried to focus on the duo of boys beside her while trying to control her breathing.

"It's an enchantment a very simple one at that I could do it to your celing once we return back home for Christmas" Regulus boasted with his head held up high in contagious arrogance which made her scoff in disbelief forgetting that she was out of breath so it came out more like a cough. "You alright there Potter?"

His eyebrows scrunched and eyes narrowing in what was hard to differentiate was either worry or disbelief.

"Mhmm, absolutely" Alexandra hummed out once she had composed herself, cheeks blazed red in embarrassment she avoided his wandering gaze.

His eyes narrowed down at her as he took in her strange behavior "if you say so, but i must say there isn't anything amusing about the things here so I'm confused why you seemed so.... Out of breath"