Chapter One.

This is bound to go wrong

Watching my parents get remarried is one thing, but being forced to go on their honeymoon with them is another. The reason that they ever got divorced in the first place is because they can't stand each other; they argue every chance they get. I thought that it was finally over two years ago when those papers were signed and they were finally divorced, but I was wrong.

Last year, after my sister was sent off to her junior year prom, I found out that they were trying to make it work between them again. My dad moved back in two weeks later. Fortunately, there's been minimal arguments, but it's nothing extreme like it used to be. It honestly seems like they've grown away from the petty arguments that they used to have, but I'm not sure how long that's actually going to last now that they've signed their names on yet another piece of paper that legally ties them together again.

They wanted a family vacation anyways, and they claimed that they didn't need another honeymoon. So, they booked a two-week cruise to Mexico, and we're all being forced to go. I definitely don't want to.

To make it as simple as possible, I don't want to leave home for two weeks with barely any cell service. I have friends at home, and a boyfriend — Well, ex-boyfriend at the moment, but it's always back and forth with him, and I'm currently trying to make it work again. That's going to be extremely hard now that I won't be able to get in contact with him much at all throughout these next two weeks. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try though, that's for damn sure. The second this damn boat docks and I get cell service I'm planning on my first call to be to him.

My mom keeps telling me to make the best of it though, she doesn't have any hope that I'd be able to make it work with him. She always says that boys come and go, and recently she said that there's plenty of other fish in the sea — I think that she was trying to make a joke out of it because we're going to be on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean for the next two weeks. I don't want another fish though; I want that specific fish.

Besides, I think my sister is excited enough for the both of us. She's practically been jumping up and down since we stepped on this stupid boat. I'm afraid that if she jumps anymore, we'll sink to the bottom of the ocean and find the 'plenty of other fish' that my mom told me about. I hate the ocean, it's creepy. It's terrifying to me, because no one even knows what really in the ocean we'll probably get eaten alive by a giant sea creature before we ever make it to our first destination. That's another reason why I didn't want to get on this stupid boat.

"Look, Lux!" My mom excitedly points at the brochure that she was handed when we stepped onto the boat, and I take a deep breath. "They have a nail salon on the boat! We can all have a little girl's day!"

"Oh, so fun!" The sarcasm is clear in my voice as I roll my eyes. "I can't wait to not feel my fingers for twenty-four hours because of the acrylic suffocating my nails!"

"Lighten up, Lux." Lacey nudges my shoulder beside me with a small smile on her face. "At least we don't have to share rooms." That's the one good thing about this entire trip. I get my own room, meaning I won't have to hear Lacey's obnoxious snoring all night long and possibly get at least thirty minutes of sleep at night before I start freaking out when I overthink about whatever sea creature could be planning to make this entire cruise ship its next meal.