Chapter-13

The sky was a shade of azure blue with cool drops falling on us. Beautiful clouds peeked as they continued their onslaught on land bearers. I had never gotten drenched in the rain before. With my poor immunity and chronic tonsillitis, I'd avoided rain like a plague so deliberately going out in the rain was out-of-question for me.

My eyes looked up at the six-feet tall guy who had convinced me that getting drenched would be a good idea. He grinned at me devilishly. His grin told me he had a plan in mind. I watched him as he ran back to the stands and picked up his phone. What was he up to?

Shrugging, my gaze returned to the sky. There were some beauties of life that couldn't be captured and explained in words. This azure sky was one of those beauties. As a kid, I believed God had a tap that he opened so water would fall on the earth. I laughed at the memory as raindrops fell more frequently.

For as long as I could remember, I'd wished to dance in the rain like the rest of the people my age. With both my parents working every day on raising their firm from the ground up, I grew up sooner. I made sure not to get sick or become a setback in their work endeavors. Ah, for years afterwards I didn't realize that there was no need to be so cautious since their firm was now an established one in the US. Especially since my immunity wasn't as bad as earlier.

I heard the beautiful guitar intro playing that caught my attention. Looking to my left, I found Noah keeping his phone back in the stands and running towards me. Oh, he played the instrumental cover of Baarish Ka Asar. I smiled as I watched him splatter the water everywhere. The damp grassy carpet surrounded by the stands looked beautiful. He stood before me, extending a hand in my direction.

At that moment, all I wanted was a taste of freedom. I wanted to know how it felt to enjoy without worrying about the consequences of your actions. I knew I would overthink later. That could wait, though.

Placing my hand in his, I couldn't help gazing at his eyes. His face looked ethereal in that darkness surrounding him. Dampened eyelashes brushing on someone's cheeks could look so beautiful had been a mystery to me until then. I smiled at him when I noticed him checking me out. My cheeks heated as I realized I was wearing a tank top underneath my hoodie that I'd carelessly thrown on the stands. His eyes were on my face, which eased my worry a little.

He started singing Baarish Ka Asar as he guided me along the field. I followed his lead and danced. Dancing was an art form I'd long forgotten I liked. When I was only five, they enrolled me in a Kathak class that I enjoyed the most. I felt an inexplicable joy when the teacher taught us some steps and I was the first person to execute those steps perfectly.

I felt the same joy as I spun around with Noah holding my hand. There was a reassurance that he wouldn't let me fall, although falling would be embarrassing. As Noah started singing the chorus, I joined him. I felt slightly breathless due to reasons unknown as I sang at the top of my lungs, not caring if it was a perfect rendition or not.

My heart rate picked up every time he smiled at me. The way his cupid's bow shaped crimson lips would turn up at the corners melted my heart. It was becoming a dangerous game. We danced with our hands intertwined as the interlude played. The back-and-forth steps made me hold his gaze longer. I could feel my heart threatening to jump out of my rib cage. The smile on my face had become everlasting as I followed his lead.

His light brown hair stuck to his forehead, making him look relaxed in like I'd never seen before. My feet moved on their own accord as we began singing the first stanza of the song. I spun around him as my heart bloomed with a happiness I'd not felt in too long. He stood in the center, holding my hand, gazing at me the same way he did when he told me to smile more often.

The slow realization that my childhood dream was coming to fruition made me so happy, I left his hand and started dancing solo. I let my arms and legs move the way they did when I was in dance class. Unbeknownst to me, Noah had stopped dancing. He stood looking at me while singing.