Chapter-14

Why do people have no control over their emotions? Is it so easy to get carried away by emotions? Why did I never feel these emotions before?

I woke up so late today that I missed our cardio practice. While that was mildly depressing, maybe the distance would help calm down my nerves after our excursion yesterday. Over the past few weeks, I'd regained my habit to hum and sing randomly while studying or jogging. Every time the lyrics of Baarish Ka Asar slipped from my mouth since yesterday, my brain inevitably got stuck on Noah. The way he'd helped me live my childhood memory without realizing it made my heart melt.

His azure eyes staring at me intensely as he guided me through our dance made my heart race. I couldn't get my mind off the way he'd effortlessly lifted me in his arms while dancing. His cold hands resting on the sides of my waist felt so comforting that I wished he'd never leave. My eyes kept looking at his well-defined muscles as his tee clung to him like second skin. That charming mouth of his knew how to entrance anyone. I was no exception. I yielded.

Fuck. I was in deep trouble. This crush thing was not supposed to happen. I didn't cope well with emotions. They had always been a damned weakness. And I'd sworn off dating after the last person I dated told me I was too fat to be a girlfriend.

I stumbled across the corridor in the lecture hall complex at the same spot where Noah had bumped into me a few days ago. Why was everything reminding me of Noah? The Sun shone brightly and made me sweat profusely. My baby hair strands sticking to my forehead annoyed me even further.

I attempted to sneak into the auditorium silently when a refreshing breeze gently passed by me. Since it was Saturday, there were no lectures. Yet, I found myself stumbling in the huge brightly lit hall looking for a seat in a seminar on ghost particles. Ever since they speculated on the discovery of these particles, they'd been a matter of debate. As a physics undergrad, it would be very disdainful to miss this seminar. It was of particular interest to me, since my field of specialization was particle physics.

I should've been more excited about the seminar, yet I found my concentration ebbing away towards a certain blue-eyed guy. Sighing, I took a seat towards the back near the door while the host indifferently continued the introduction of the speaker for the day. Addy was at the shelter for the first time since the incident today, and that made me so happy. I smiled.

My smile reminded me of Noah. The way he'd told me that I should smile more often made my heart race. You're no teenager, Eve! Stop this!

Did he mean to say I looked beautiful? That was a stretch. There was no way someone would like me. I wasn't the main lead character of the story. I'd always been that supportive, wise sidekick bestie who helped the couple meet and fall in love.

The sound of the door opening with a thud caught my attention. Realization dawned on me. For the past five minutes, I didn't hear a single word uttered by the host. Feeling the heat spread to my cheeks, I turned my head to the noise source, wondering who could rudely disrupt the seminar.

Noah. He stood there wearing a sky blue henley and khaki trousers. I'd never seen him wear such bright colors before. The way he'd effortlessly swept his tousled hair to the side made him look breathtaking. I gulped. I could see the fabric of his henley stretch near his biceps as he moved his arm. That's when I noticed what he was carrying in his hands. It was a tray holding two large tumblers filled with what I assumed was coffee. There was something else in a small cardboard box that I couldn't see. The label read Tim Horton's. Appetizing.

His eyes met mine. I smiled involuntarily. The room's attention turned to him as silence ensued. He walked with purpose to his right towards where I sat. Why was he here? He'd not attended any seminars by the physics department earlier. I wouldn't know since I never paid attention to my co-attendees. I didn't get much time to mask my surprise as he occupied the seat to my left.