♢𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍♢

"𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐎𝐮𝐭

𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫.
𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐔𝐬 𝐈𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐞"

"Another possession?"

I pondered to myself, stunned by the sight of the young child writhing on the ground, screaming and sobbing in agony.

Moments earlier, the child appeared perfectly fine, but as he passed by me, he suddenly clutched his chest, collapsed, and began contorting on the ground like a serpent.

Uncertain whether this was a case of possession or if the child had underlying medical issues, I scanned the area for any malevolent spirits but found none.

Bystanders gathered around the child, their presence seemingly futile as they watched him writhe in pain.

Soon, the revered Gūji and his retinue of Miko arrived, dispersing the crowd until they reached the distressed child.

Observing closely, I noticed the Gūji whispering soothing words to the child, attempting to calm him. Were it not for witnessing the child's episode, I might have overlooked his suffering.

Once the Gūji signaled for his attendants to assist the child, he let out a weary sigh and departed toward the nearby temple.

Silently, I trailed behind, unnoticed until we reached the temple's entrance, where a few guards stood watch.

"Halt! This is a religious property; you can't enter without permission from the Almighty Gūji!"

I parted my lips, ready to articulate my intention for entering, but before I could speak, someone interjected, stealing the opportunity from me.

"Let her in."

"Almighty Gūji, are you certain? She-"

"Which part of 'allow her in' didn't you get? You idiotic clown!"

The guard's head drooped in embarrassment as The Gūji's glare intensified, his voice booming in a sharp rebuke. Eventually, the gatekeeper yielded, stepping aside to grant me entry.

Stepping into the shrine, I was met with breathtaking beauty at every turn. The meticulous landscaping and architectural craftsmanship left me in awe.

The Gūji let out a low chuckle, observing my admiration for the grandeur around me and my restrained curiosity not to touch anything.

Yet, as we ventured deeper into the shrine, a sinister presence began to pervade the air, sending shivers down my spine. It was a darkness so palpable that it seemed to suffocate the very essence of my being.

All manner of spirits lingered here, their malevolent energy practically tangible. It was evident that such negativity was not meant for the faint-hearted, explaining the restricted access to the shrine.

Passing by closed doors, the agonized cries emanating from within pierced the silence, igniting a sense of foreboding within me. What horrors unfolded behind those doors? Would the unfortunate child be subjected to the same fate?

Shaking my head, I banished the grim thoughts from my mind, determined not to dwell on the unsettling possibilities.

"What you're about to catch sight of is sacred, and don't even think about leaking it."

Upon entering one of the rooms, the Gūji shot me a venomous glare. Meanwhile, the Mikos delicately laid the youngster on a pristine white futon, swiftly binding his wrists and feet with thick cords.

Maintaining a cautious distance, I observed the scene unfolding before me with a mix of apprehension and curiosity. Every movement, from the Mikos arranging the necessary implements to the composed Gūji seated by the boy's head, murmuring sacred verses in an unfamiliar tongue, was executed with precision and purpose.

"Everything is prepared."

All heads nodded in unison, affirming the directive of one Miko adorned with a surgical mask.

"Then we may proceed."

Four bowls of salt adorned the corners of the room, with a portion of it splashed over the struggling child, his movements growing more frantic against the tightly bound ropes.

With a device in hand, the Gūji hovered above the child, its rattling capable of activating the bells contained within. As the bells chimed, the possessed child's agitation intensified.

Glancing at the salt-filled bowls, I observed them darken entirely, sending shivers down my spine. The overwhelming negativity weighed heavily on me, and I sensed the talisman spirit's distress.

In unison, murmurs in an unfamiliar language filled the room, accompanied by ear-covering gestures as the child, trembling and thrashing, emitted a piercing scream.

Abruptly, the screams ceased, and the child's body contorted, mouth agape, as if something were poised to exit.

A cloud of black smoke billowed forth, causing us all to cough and choke. Swiping at the mist and coughing out debris, I struggled to comprehend the unfolding exorcism, my fear compounded by my unfamiliarity with the process.

Amidst the haze, I caught sight of a figure, prompting me to stumble forward in an attempt to discern its identity.

To my dismay, I recognized the silhouette all too well—the god who had transported me into this world, his cat-like eyes now alight with a sinister smile, leaving me feeling utterly helpless.

"Good to see you, too, Y/N."