Chapter 3

(IMAGINE THAT'S THE HIGH COUNCIL😭)

ORORO'S POV:
(FINALLY)

I woke up to the warm rays of sunshine shining through the cracks of the curtains. As I sat up, Sumeria walked in with what looked like breakfast. Coz honestly, I was starving. Of course I'm also very happy to see her, since she literally looked terrified when she left.

"Good morning, your highness," she greeted me with a bow, "I hope the bedding was to your liking?" She asked.

"Good morning, Sumeria," I replied with a smile. "You don't have to be so formal with me, you know."

"Of course, your highness," she said, her cheeks turning pink. "I just want to make sure you're comfortable."

"I appreciate it," I said, feeling touched by her thoughtfulness. "And yes, the bedding was perfect. Thank you."

Sumeria smiled. "I'm glad to hear that. And I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?" I asked, intrigued.

"Yes," she said, her eyes sparkling. "You'll be having breakfast on the balcony today."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? That sounds lovely. Whats the surprise?"

Sumeria nodded. "You'll see. I thought you might enjoy the view, it's breathtaking this time of day."

I got up out of bed and stretched my arms. As I did, I accidentally blasted an energy ball through the wall.

"Oh no!" I exclaimed, embarrassed. "I'm so sorry, Sumeria. I didn't mean to do that."

"It's okay, your highness," she said, trying to calm me down. "Accidents happen."

I took a deep breath and tried to relax. "I know. But I'll have to fix that later."

Sumeria nodded. "Of course. But first, let's have breakfast."

I smiled, feeling grateful for her kindness. "Yes, let's."

As soon as we sat at the table. Sumeria went quiet. I shrugged it off and decided to fill my plate with food. The food did not look like the ones we have back on krakoa and arakko but I saw toast and decided to pick it up and put some butter on it. As soon as I did that, i noticed a scar on Sumeria's arm.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked, I also noticed that Sumeria seemed more distant than yesterday.

Sumeria sighed before responding. "I don't know. I just haven't been feeling good since yesterday."

I put down my fork and gave her my full attention. "What's going on?" I asked.

Sumeria took a deep breath before she began to speak. "There's this evil being named Alkar," she said, her voice shaking. "He's a very powerful demon with the powers of an old God. His power surpasses almost everyone on this planet except for the High Council and Ellowyn."

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the mention of his name. "What about him?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady.

"He was imprisoned by my mother over 25 years ago when he broke into our castle and almost absorbed me and my sister's powers," Sumeria continued. "But he escaped prison four days ago and was trying to attack you."

My eyes widened in horror. "Why would he do that?" I asked, feeling a mix of fear and anger.

Sumeria looked around her before her eyes turned gold. Suddenly, I felt my soul leaving my body. When we were completely out of our bodies, she spoke again. "I'll tell you about that later, but for now we have to focus on the fact that he escaped from prison and wants to harm you."