Chapter 5

3RD PERSON POV:

The crackling in the air finally stopped, and Carter looked up at Jelani.

Jelani stared back at him with a mix of confusion and hurt, but then turned away from him, with Wanda wrapping her arms around him like a loving mother.

Ororo then moved to extend her hand towards Carter, the yellow colored lightning on her fingers subsiding.

"Are you okay?" She puts her hand on his shoulder. Carter tenses up and snaps his head towards Ororo.

"I-" Before he could finish his sentence, a spear flew by his eyes right at Ororo's chest, but it just broke once it hit her.

They stared at her in shock as she too was shocked, knowing that the spear should've killed her.

"What the heck?" Wanda asked, her voice barely above a whisper

After the initial shock of the spear attack, Ororo slowly stood up and walked towards the armed men, her eyes narrowing as she stared down at the group of armed men. The glowing spear in one's hand was almost as bright as her own eyes, but she wasn't one to be intimidated. Raising her fists, Ororo stepped forward, as if daring them to strike first.

But before she could close the distance, one of the wolves charged her, baring its fangs and ready to attack. The other wolves and men followed suit, rushing forward with their weapons raised high, eager to take her down. Ororo was faster, though, and with a quick swipe of her hand, she sent out a wave of cold air, freezing the first wolf in place. She followed it up with a storm of ice shards, sending them flying at the men and wolves, cutting through skin and armor alike.

Wanda watched in amazement as Ororo quickly disposed of the enemy. She started to focus, to will her magic into existence, but she found that the chaos of this universe proved too much for her to handle. Still, she had to act fast, before one of them was hurt - or worse.

Wanda closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, and letting the magic flow from within. As she opened them, she could see a small, black hole of chaos forming in front of her. It quickly grew, devouring everything within its path, including the enemies. Ororo watched in awe as the chaotic energy swallowed up the men and wolves like they were nothing. She looked to Wanda and smiled, grateful for her quick and efficient use of magic.

As the dust and debris settled, the group assessed the aftermath of the battle. Ororo stood tall and proud, a small smile on her face. Wanda breathed a sigh of relief, knowing the immediate danger had passed, but still keeping her guard up, she couldn't let her defenses down until she knew for sure that they were truly safe.

"Well, that was quite a fight," Ororo said, her voice steady and calm. "Do you think there are more coming?"

"We can't let our guard down," Wanda replied, shaking her head. "I can still feel the energy signature from that spear."

"As can I," Ororo replied, rubbing her neck. "It's quite a powerful energy signature, probably comparable to that of a star. Whoever made this spear must be extremely powerful."

---

And scene, a very short chapter but I've run out of ideas for this book.

Please point out any mistakes. ❤