Twenty One

"Rey, baby, you're awfully quiet over there." I played with the knife quietly. Less damage, Leo had said. A lot of pain. I knew that. I knew it inflicted a lot of pain. I'd been there. Vance knew I was down there. He'd been one of my closest friends for years. And he knew I was in that cellar. He knew I was being hurt, probably knew exactly what Zane had done too. But he didn't even try to help. He laughed. The night we got out, he stood there and laughed about it on those steps. He'd gone to school with Milo. He was the first guy that ever kissed me. The first one that asked me out. We were good friends. He introduced me to Zane. He brought Zane to me and Zane had 1 intention, to deceive me and bring my family to its knees. Vance was just as bad as Zane in my head.

I think I have officially crossed the line into psycho.

I turned my head to Leo as he pulled the car into the same spot we'd been in a few days ago. He'd managed to convince me to sleep and change before we came up here this morning. Saying that the chance was I wouldn't be sleeping for the next few days. So, I did. Dad was working to sort it out so we could get Alara and the thought of Vance not knowing what was coming made me feel a million times better. For the first time in 2 months, I slept through. No nightmares, no need to use the toilet.

"Any updates on James and everyone?"

"They were just coming around when we left. Rey, do you know what you're doing?"

I smiled, pushing the door open and climbing out, grabbing my gun and the knife and walking to the door, punching the code in without waiting for Leo.

"Freya, babe, as stunning as you look in white-" I turned to him.

"Leo, I appreciate your concern about my outfit but I am way past giving a damn about getting blood everywhere." He sighed. "He introduced me to Zane. Has been best friends with me and Lar, and Milo and the boys since I was I don't know 15. He knew what was happening and didn't give a fuck. He thinks I'm easy to manipulate, I want to see the look on his face when he realizes he's fucked with the wrong person. If I go in there dressed the opposite of how I normally do, his guards going to be through the roof. I don't need answers. There's no questions. We know where she is, we know what he wants, we know what the consequences are. This is purely for me."

"You have no idea how hot you are right now."

"What crazy?"

"Crazy looks fucking phenomenal on you angel."

We got down the stairs, two guards stood on the door and another 2 in the little seating room. It took Leo all of 30 seconds to have all 4 of them upstairs and a chair in his hands. I gave him the 2 weapons before standing up to kiss him quickly.

"If you need me to take over just say." I nodded, punching the code into the door and pushing it open. Leo walked into the centre of the room, dropping me seat about a foot away from the weak man who was trying to straighten himself up in the chair. I sat down calmly, Leo standing back against the door out of the way.

"Oh, come on." Vance groaned, laying his head back on his shoulders. "Does your dad really think I'm going to tell you a damn thing?"

"My dad didn't send me. I came on my own accord. I would have come sooner but you know, kind of a family emergency when your brothers and their girlfriends collapse in the middle of a charity event."

"So, what's the guy in the back here for?"

"Oh, that's Leo. Don't worry about him. So, what's new with you beside you know, being a little beaten up and tied to a chair. I hear through the grape vine you and Zara are a thing." His demeanour suddenly changed, he tugged at the ropes holding him in place. "Calm down Vance, no one's touched her. She's still at home with Zane."