Twenty Seven

It was like something from a movie. The way we'd pulled up to a spot not too far from the house but far enough away that we wouldn't be seen. Kitted up with earpieces and more guns than I knew what to do with.

20 of us in total. 13 of the people stood here were my immediate family. All of them staring at me like I was insane for coming along, like I wasn't going to be able to manage it and they were going to have an extra thing to be watching. Isla, Lili, Keira, Libby and Wren did this often. They knew about this kind of thing but they skipped it. There was enough hands and someone needed to keep an eye on the cameras to see what was happening, be on hand for first aid and whatever else they needed. Mum, Lili and Wren were sat in the drivers sides of these cars, ready for whatever they were told to do. Everyone had their own specific jobs.

Mine and Leo's was get Alara and get out of there unharmed, to The Box where we were to stay. The others were set to sort everything else. Zane, Elizabeth, Zara and whoever else was in there. They'd been shown pictures of Zane and his family and knew all too well that the 3 of them were to be alive. Though I knew the boys wanted to rip him limb from limb, I needed to do that myself.

We moved quietly, the CCTV being shut off only on the cameras we needed and only when we needed them. A second earlier and they'd know we were here. I was trying not to think about the fact there was going to be an awful lot of blood as we did this. The earpieces will cut out most of the bangs, Leo had tried to assure me in the drive over but telling me what to expect was making it worse. I was thinking only of Alara right now. Get her, get her out, get her safe. Everything else could wait.

Leo's hold on my hand tightened and I looked up at him, shaking with nerves.

"Ready?" He whispered. I breathed in and nodded. "Remember what I said Rey-"

"Stay close."

"Don't drop my hand."

"If things go bad, get out." I had no intention on leaving this house with them both. Leo laid a soft kiss on my forehead, doing his very best to hide what I knew was his version of anxiety. Jules was in our ears, making sure everyone knew the plan, where they needed to be and that everyone was in place.

The very second she said go, glass shattered and alarms began blaring, Leo dragged me in through the kitchen patio doors he'd smashed. The closest to the cellar we could possibly get. Lights flashed up the stairs and the first few gun shots were fired but so far, we were in the clear. Leo pulled his trigger on the door lock. Something he hadn't done when he came for me, this time around, every second counted. Down the dimly lit stairs, Leo held me against the wall, leaning around the corner to take out the now, wide awake guards as they struggled to arm themselves.

"Okay come on." He pulled me, running down the hall as he checked the pockets of the groaning men for the keys.

"ALARA." I listened carefully. Come on Lar anything. There's 3 fucking rooms. Think Rey. If you were Zane which would you put her in. Which was I in? A whimper had my eyes doubling. The end. I grabbed the keys from Leo, numbered keys, make it a little easier Zane. I turned the keys, pulling the door open as my heart pounded in my chest. "Lar. Babe it's me. Come on."

"Freya?" She turned her head and I moved over, pulling the sleeve of her night gown up from where it had slipped, taking off the blindfold he'd had over her. She sobbed and I wrapped her in a tight hug. "What's going on? Why-"

"Did he hurt you Lar?" I pulled back, squinting as Leo flicked the light on.

"Rey we don't have time babe."

"Alara I need you to stand up babe." I looked over her. Minor bruising across her wrists and a fresh slap mark across her face, the same ring print I'd had bruised into my cheek sat on hers and I knew instantly he'd hit her. "Okay, I need you to be completely honest Lar. Just me and you okay?" She looked at me, tears streaming down her face. "Did he rape you Lar?" She shook her head. Thank. Fucking. God. "Just the slaps?" A nod. "No cuts?"