1.01

Chapter One:
Pilot
(Part 1)

VIVIENNE'S fingers delicately traced every crack and chip in the old metal walls that formed her cell - walls she had grown particularly familiar with over the last four years since her arrest

VIVIENNE'S fingers delicately traced every crack and chip in the old metal walls that formed her cell - walls she had grown particularly familiar with over the last four years since her arrest.The cold touch of the metal sent shivers creeping up her arm and down her spine, prompting her to pull the thin material she called a blanket tightly around her body for warmth.

With each path her fingertips traced along the disheveled wall, came another memory—memories of a life that felt like centuries ago: racing down the empty hallways of The Ark with Clarke Griffin and Wells Jaha, or the endless nights spent with her best friend, shamelessly giggling over boys who were far too old for them

Life wasn't so simple anymore. Days dragged on, each one more dreaded than the last, and years felt like eons. There were no cute, older boys for Vivienne to gush over, and her only friend was the quiet thirteen-year-old she called her cellmate - Charlotte. Charlotte had long, dirty-blonde hair that she kept tied back into a plait, using the hair tie Vivienne had given her.

Having had plenty of time to get to know each other, the two girls had grown inseparable, forming a bond that was like family- perhaps the only family either one truly had, aside from Vivienne's Grandmother.

As Vivienne's arm finally dropped from the wall, a peaceful quiet settled over their cell and she tucked her chilly fingertips beneath the hem of her loose white top, seeking warmth. Across the room, Charlotte rested on her cot, twirling her fingers above her head, lost in her own thoughts.

But peace never lasts long.

Abruptly, the cell door clicked open, jolting both girls from their solitude and it creaked open, before two guards entered and stopped at the foot of their beds. One guard loomed over the other, while the shorter one barely exceeded Vivienne's height.

"Prisoners 2-3-5 and 1-4-7, stand up and face the wall," the taller guard commanded, his voice deep and full of authority.

"Why?" Vivienne asked cautiously as she rose from her cot, her gaze unwavering as she watched the guard prepare his electric baton.

"Just turn around," the shorter guard spoke this time, gesturing for the other to hold off with his extreme measures. Vivienne complied, turning her back to the two men and she exchanged a worried glance with Charlotte, silently urging her to do the same, fearing the consequences if she didn't.

"OW!" Charlotte suddenly exclaimed, a rush of pain in her voice as the tall guard wrapped his hand tightly around her arm and clamped a circular piece of metal around her thin wrist. Vivienne winced as she watched, feeling a pang of helplessness, knowing she couldn't stop it.