Missing Fuse

Naya

I watched Dexter roll his shoulders and I salivated. He makes every movement look so good.

He opened his toolbox and took out a flashlight, then turned it on. He pointed it into the car engine and touched some things.

"You're missing a spark plug," He said, still staring into the car hood.

"What? How does that even happen?" I said.

It obviously happens when the owner of the car herself pulls it out, but let's withhold that information.

"I'm wondering that too. Did you let someone else use your car?" He asked, still staring into the engine of the car.

I furrowed my brows. I did not go through all this work of ruining my car and inviting him over just for him to not make any move or eye contact with me. I even dressed in such a slutty manner.

Suddenly I felt a pair of eyes on me and I quickly straightened up. Dexter was staring at me, and I returned his gaze. He just looked directly into my eyes and nowhere else. Not even to my boobs that was no doubt bopping up and down from my subtle heaving. Whenever my brown eyes met Dexter's hazel ones, I don't know what it is but I feel my whole skin would buzz.

I was so caught up in my feelings that I didn't notice Dex giving me a puzzled look. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I blinked at him. "Yea, why?"

"Hmm, maybe it's the fact that I asked you a question a minute ago and you have yet to reply. Or the part where you were just staring unblinkingly."

Oh shit. He did ask me a question. I swear I get so stupid around him. Also, how wasn't I not blinking? How the fuck do you stare at someone for more than thirty seconds without blinking? Talk about creepy.

"Uh- no - um, I didn't" I stuttered, unsure of if I remembered his question correctly. I mean if I didn't blink for more than thirty seconds straight, then who's to say my brain processed his question correctly?

"I don't see your plug anywhere between your engine, neither is it on the floor. So someone has to have pulled it out...unless you did so yourself" He gave me a suspecting look.

I took a few strides and leaned down on my car, intentionally making more than half my boobs show. Hoping to draw his attention to them, and distract him a little. I used my hand to push my boob just a little further.

However, Dexter just maintained pressing eye contact with me, like he was still expecting answers. Why is he so hard to crack? Is he, not a boob person? Or maybe he was more of an ass person.

Seeing my tactic wasn't working, I chose to answer his question. "Why would I ruin my own car on purpose? That seems pointless"

His eyes gleamed a little bit.

"It is indeed pointless," He said as he inched closer to me.

My heart froze. Was this happening? Was he finally interested in me?

He moved even closer to me. I could feel the heat radiating off his body on my skin, and his breath fanning my face. He looked like he was leaning in for a kiss, so I slowly closed my eyes.

However, several seconds passed by and I felt nothing. No warmth on my lips, or touch on my body. Just a brush of wind on my face.

"Can I use this as a rag?" I heard him ask.

My eyes snapped open just to see Dex waving a gray towel at me. It was then it dawned on me that he was only leaning forward to grab the towel from where it hung behind me. I felt so embarrassed, I wanted to end myself. I wish I could jump into the engine of my car and shut the hood.

I quickly spun around to hide my red face. "Ye-yes you can use it as a rag. It's an old towel."

A faint chuckle resounded and my ears perked up. Did he just laugh at me? Was he doing this on purpose? I turned back around, only to see that he had resumed working on my car. Was that my imagination?

Imagination or not, I couldn't just walk out in defeat. I invited him here for a reason and I have to see it through.

That was what I said to myself, but my conviction fell apart just as quickly as I had built it up. I tried every trick in the book of seduction I could think of, but none of them worked. This man was immune to all my charms. Neither my curvy waist, my B-cup boobs, nor my round ass seems to attract him.

I gave up on trying to seduce him and just settled on asking him questions about himself.

"Do you mind me asking how old you are?"

For the first time since my onslaught of seduction, Dexter looked at me. His eyes peered into mine as if they were searching my face. Then something flashed across his face, but before I could decipher it, it was back to normal.

"I'm twenty-six" he answered, turning back to what he was doing.

"Just two years older than me," I remarked.

"Why do you ask about my age?"

"Nothing just curious" The room went silent again. Conversation with him was getting nowhere and I sighed.

He then stood up from where he was crouching down and grabbed his tool bag. He put all his things into the bag and wore his shirt.

"I'm finished," He said to me, and my heart fell. That was it? He was all done and I didn't get far with him. This sucks.

"How much?" I asked reluctantly.

"I'll text you the amount and you can just Apple pay me, or Venmo. Whichever suits you better."

"Okay," I said low-tuned.

He grabbed his bag and began to make his way to the front door, while I just trailed behind him. We got to the door, and I opened it for him.

"Thank you for taking the time out of your day to come here," I said a little downcast.

"No worries," he said, as he moved to walk out. But just before he was out the door, he turned back around.

He came incredibly close to me, then dipped his head to the crook of my neck. "You smell lovely by the way"

He cruelly left me with those few words that had my heart racing, as he walked out my door, into his car, and then disappeared into the road.