one • A NEW BEGINNING

read with white background, read with the music suggested. recommend downloading musi app
&
read with small font for a better reading experience

 recommend downloading musi app& read with small font for a better reading experience

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Always on Time by Jay Rule, Ashanti 

I REMEMBER the first time i witnessed someone dance with their crew in the middle of maryland. the way they glided on the floor and how quickly they moved to the music. i was in awe as the moves got more complex. how can a person be so comfortable and so confident. not only that but the family oriented crew that was performing. the trust they had with eachother to do such complex and incredible moves. growing up, i was always told that confidence is the main attribute you obtain as you dance and i can support that. after i learned how to dance, i was never that shy girl from elementary school or that lonely girl from middle school.

dance turned into an escape for me. escape from all the societies pressures and it allowed me to express myself and feel free. i dance because dance can change everything and it will change my entire path.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________

my small ipod begins on shuffling my playlist. i have an audition today at msa and my hype playlist is setting up the mood. i put my a change of clothes in my duffle bags and look at the mirror. pictures of my friends are stuck to corners of the mirrors. photos from the last time we hung out at the mall and cute little stickers that i bought from the store. i smile softly as i look at it one last time.

i quickly spray some fantasy perfume by britney spears and place it back on my counter. i add some spray to my hair and fix it a bit. i quickly walk out of my room and head to the kitchen. i pick out a granola bar from the cabinet. its currently 6:30am in the morning, the earliest i have ever woken up. there is a soft shuffle that quickly makes me turn. i see dad sleeping on the couch with a much of papers surrounding him. i take one of the letters and my heart instantly drops.

complaint for absolute divorce.

"papa? come let's go to bed. were you awake all night?" he quickly opened his eyes and stood up. the creaks of the wooden floor and smoke detectors annoyed me and he slowly heads over to his room. i let out a sigh and storm out of the house, slamming it behind me. the abandonment of my mother has hard for both of us. i felt the lump in my throat grow bigger as i continue to walk down the dark streets towards the train station. the abandonment of a mother is difficult, but the absence of a father who is here feels heavy.

the weather is humid and super hot today. the sun begins to rise as i quickly walk down the crosswalk. apparently it's going to rain later at night which i'm not prepared for.  i walk down to the subway and wait for my train. i'm the only one waiting for the train and i put on my hoodie to prevent from anyone to see me. people like to start conversation and i like to mind my own business. i put on my earbuds and click down on my iPod playlist.