Prologue || Monster

AN: Trigger warnings; The story may contain Gore, Abuse, and Murder. 

I hope you enjoy! 

"Here's a little reminder, Wife. You are going to perish."

Blonde hair aspiring to be gold, mined in the far lands, stumbled upon the red carpet. Everything is slaughtered even with the pettiest things. Blood dwelled at the shimmering iron blade. Ruby substance flickered within the moonlight and dropped at the head of the hair of a lady.

Hair resembling black ink like ebony glistened as the wind intertwined with the horrendous scene. His lushful emerald eyes that could murder an individual, are pleased with the outcome. Suit perhaps a knight serving an empire fitted through his muscular and well built body. Body mayhap created by his wars the man skirmishes.

The man kneeled upon the lady with golden hair. He stretched his hand to hold the lady's chin.

Amethyst eyes thought to be dug from the deepest part of the world, shone through the luminous starry night. Though the blonde haired silhouette glared at the man. The lady's pink lips gritted her teeth incensed by the unpleasant sight.

The lady's neck dripped with the blood upon her nape. The man's blade leisurely scathed through her neck. Not enough to eradicate the lady's life but to torment her.

"Still perceive yourself as the proper?"

The lady glanced at his confident demeanor.

"Assume what you desire, Caius. For I believe my stands."

The man chuckled at the lady's words. His voice echoed through the desolated halls. The man's emerald green like grove, phosphorescent throughout the scene. But the man's smile in his well proportioned face wore off. He didn't buy her defense.

"Was my effort a waste of your time? After all, everyone believes that manipulative nightmare." The lady's voice filled with mockery provoked the man.

The man clenched his teeth and stiffened his hold at the blade. Injuring more of the lady's neck.

"This is why she'll always be better than you. Adreanna doesn't scheme for anyone, a shameful thing the 'Golden Rose' always performs."

The lady furrowed her eyebrows amidst the man utter that name. She then glared at his wrathful eyes.

"Caius, Whatever you've been told isn't always the truth." The lady was gradually losing breath.

"You might have the prettiest face in this Empire, and yet, you have a monstrous heart for nearly slaughtering Adreana." Caius remarked whilst his eyebrows furrowed.

Blood drifted more of the lady's neck. Staining the dress of the lady through the red carpet.

"Everything I do for you is for your sake, But annihilating her is something I will never do."

The lady moved her lips into a smile. She knew it would be the last few seconds of her life.

"When the full moon strikes the castle once in a while. Will you, my dear husband, remember me?"

The lady's body plummeted down to the red ruby carpet. She finally shut her eyelids. Watery fluid trickled down to her cheeks. The lady's final thoughts surround her.

The man's wrathful emerald eyes look bewildered. He desired not to immediately slay the lady below his feet. The man truly wanted to torture her, he planned the lady to forcefully endure arsenic poisoning with the knowledge she will be perished.

The beautiful lady on the ground is Lady Rosamund. She has an irresistible beauty in the empire, Thus obtaining the title 'Golden Rose'. The lady also has an influential father, Duke Arthfael.

Duke Arthfael has prosperous wealth and properties with luxurious castles and mansions. Though Caius's, the man who brutally murdered the lady, father is a Grand Duke. He is exceedingly wealthier and prominent within the society. Except, Duke Arthfael's family had a long ancestry of strong sword masters, impactful enchanted abilities and triumphed battles thus gaining their influential prestige within the empire.

Caius and Rosa have been tied since young. They were victims of unwilling marriage.

Rosamund didn't expect to catch feelings for a vicious man. Well she didn't, she regretted making contact with such peculiar sorcery for the rest of her life.

'None of this would've happened if I. . .hadn't met him.'

If she were given a chance to go back, she wouldn't pick the same choice again.

.

. .

. . .

. .

.
.

.

. .

. .

. .

.

.

.

.

.

. .

.

.

Soft freezing fluff pierced through her skin. It gave the feeling of isolation, not far from the pitch black darkness she was seeing. After all, the one she cherished murdered her without regret.

'What a great sight.'

Rosamund sighed mentally. She waited until she could get out of this unremarkable situation. As expected, it didn't work.

Rosamund decided to reminisce about the times where she was exuberant and young. Her youthful days were always surrounded with snow. Rosamund remembered that her father would always nag her when getting sick. Laid down in the snow was her preference as a child. The Exact feeling she is enduring now.

"Lady Rosamund, where are you?"

A distressed high pitched voice belonging to a little boy resounds among the location.

'Why does that sound like a snippet of Caius's voice?'

Nevertheless, she remained silent to be cautious.

AN: This was written months ago, I decided to write more about it (hopefully, I'll complete it) :>