Chapter 11 || The Difference

Eyes widened at the inquiry of the amethyst eyed child

Eyes widened at the inquiry of the amethyst eyed child. The Duke's hand had almost released the tea he was supposed to consume. Staring at Rosamund, the man sighed due to the question. Rosamund felt the frigid sensation run through her spine due to the change of demeanor of the man adjacent to the Young Lady.

"She was. . .a magnificent woman." The Duke's eyes curved at the thought of his wife. "You see, your Mother died of childbirth."

Rosamund's other eyebrow raised in the answer. Peering at the blonde haired man's eyes, She knew the Duke was concealing a great knowledge about her. The girl decided to gamble, even if, She could devastate the perfectly organized event.

"Why was the painting of Duchess Rionet in the worker's residence painted a year after my birth?" Whilst Rosamund interrogated more. The Duke remained in tranquility, yet he was in serene bearing.

"It would be. . ." The Duke trailed off in silence, yet a smile crept up to his face. "Magic." 

Furrowed eyebrows, Rosamund bit her lips in the anti climatic response. Hands grasped another macaroon from the towered plates, and consumed the cuisine. Ponders filled the blonde haired child's mind, whilst the Duke gazed upon his daughter who was adorable munching on the food comparable to a chipmunk.

'Of course, he still thinks of me as a child.' A warm impression writhe upon her heart. Rosamund felt weird yet unusually jubilant due to these recent events.

Possibly. . .she can finally bolt out the terrorizing previous existence? The sensation for a greater life made the little girl have hope. However, Rosamund furrowed her eyebrows at the thought, the Young Lady sensed there was no available escape within the marriage of Caius. Even with the suggestion of the Young Marquess, every single opposition of the Emperor would be too hazardous. The Duke noticed the tense atmosphere the blonde haired child was emitting, so he took a stance.

"Do you wish to gaze upon daffodils?" Eyes broadened, as Rosamund leisurely took a position. "Certainly."

The Duke waited for Rosamund to be at reach, Rosamund took a halt beside the man. Bending his knees, the blonde haired man grasped the child's hand. The child didn't flinch at the movement, whilst both frames sauntered to the emerald green trees. Glass architecture engulfed all the rare, blossoming flowers and the willows still blooming leaves despite the frigid weather. Shoes clicked at the polished, crafted from the finest marbled pathways.

As a few seconds went by, Unpigmented-like snow petals arose from Rosamund's eyes. Gold like petals mined from the depths of the world, gleamed at the sun beaming through the glass frames. It was the identical flowers Rosamund planted at the mansion of her Ex Husband. She remembered the fields of golden and white pigments enfolded her frame, in the midst of reading in a tree.